Playtest : Multiplayers Experience (special asteroid)

Hello,

I've tried this mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2997749628

It allows to play with friends on the same asteroid by adding cursors, one cursor per player.

My first try was with 2 others peoples, so we were 3 players on the same map. Without coordination, it's not really fun in the early game as we share the Duplicants.

screen1.thumb.png.60f90499c6b053930baa8f8f46ed58df.png

I was on a livestream "Ecran" = "screen" of my mates.

From this first experience, I had the idea to use the "Mini Base" mod to create a new map design for a multiplayer experience :

mapmulti.thumb.png.e781e8d9b500afab3a7143e426b10def.png

Each player have a mini base to play with and can share ressource as there's abyssalite in the neutronium wall.

With the actual version of the mod, you can't play more than 4 players simultaneously but it works really good as you can see :

multiFofo.thumb.png.4b41b980edadce8d447ed3c2072418c4.png

You can see 3 differents cursors/players, mine is not visible on the screen. We were playing simultaneously on the same screen was really great.

With the github version of the mod, I manage to play with 8 players simultaneously :

multioff3.thumb.png.fa886db74d8cc5acc9c87fceb22d7eea.png

At this point, my mates had a lot of crash. From now, 4 players seems to be the best choice.

Some general information:

- Portal : the portal is synchronized between mini base, but only one can have the loot as in Spaced Out, it works perfectly in this multiplayers environnement.

- Research : the research are share so perfect for this mod.

- Calories display : this is not suitable since it is a global display.

- Mining display : he display can be confusing because it is global, so if player 1 has a third party miner 2, all the blocks on the map will be considered breakable while the Duplicants of the other players will not necessarily have the skill.

- Food production : some of my mates had their microbe musher desactivated each new circle.

- desynchronization: this is a known problem.

Conclusion: the feeling with 4 players was really cool, seeing your friends progress alongside is interesting. I would have liked to test with more players but for the moment, it is too unstable.

I've stream all my playtest, it's in French, you can check it here (I put the direct link where we see 4 simultaneous players) :

MiniBase Multiplayers Cycle 2.sav

Cosmos Clone.zip

Archived