Hail Uproots Traps and Breaks Backpacks

Pump up the damage to players, make it rip through anything but an Umbralla real fast, hell make it so you can't just wear an Umbralla but have to actually activate the on the ground aura mechanic thingy and are limited to a small area for the minute or two the Hail lasts for. This would be interesting as you may really need or want to get somewhere else but are forced to stay in one small area for a brief time whether that area is safe or not. 

Just please for the love of god stop it from damaging mobs, uprooting traps and breaking backpacks.

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Pump up the damage to players, make it rip through anything but an Umbralla real fast, hell make it so you can't just wear an Umbralla but have to actually activate the on the ground aura mechanic thingy and are limited to a small area for the minute or two the Hail lasts for. This would be interesting as you may really need or want to get somewhere else but are forced to stay in one small area for a brief time whether that area is safe or not. 

Just please for the love of god stop it from damaging mobs, uprooting traps and breaking backpacks.

I'd rather not go this route. 1- players who activate rifts early would not have proper protection so having umbrella is already a nice touch. I would agree that it should not destroy backpacks. traps are meh, having the need to reset them is fine. Overall though, you can just deploy an umbralla to protect mobs in your creature farms late game.

2 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

Overall though, you can just deploy an umbralla to protect mobs in your creature farms late game.

You say this but I don't think it will work at all in practice in long term 10K+ day count worlds where you have mobs and mob pens in many spots in your overworld. I don't think you realize just how many Umbrallas I would personally need to place down if I want to be able to walk almost anywhere in my long term world while Hail is falling. 

Just now, GelatinousCube said:

You say this but I don't think it will work at all in practice in long term 10K+ day count worlds where you have mobs and mob pens in many spots in your overworld. I don't think you realize just how many Umbrallas I would personally need to place down if I want to be able to walk almost anywhere in my long term world while Hail is falling. 

you dont need to deploy the umbralla in your entire base, you just need to deploy them where you are as the hail only falls on the players screen, off screen areas are unaffected.

32 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

you dont need to deploy the umbralla in your entire base, you just need to deploy them where you are as the hail only falls on the players screen, off screen areas are unaffected.

I'm on console so can't test it but I'm hearing various somewhat conflicting reports on it's range. I mean look if it genuinely only falls on your single active screen then may be it's not so bad and it's easy to prevent it killing mobs but I'm still dubious. 

5 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I'm on console so can't test it but I'm hearing various somewhat conflicting reports on it's range. I mean look if it genuinely only falls on your single active screen then may be it's not so bad and it's easy to prevent it killing mobs but I'm still dubious. 

atleast to me it did seem like it only falls on my active screen

38 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

If your playing alone.. yes, if you open your world to multiple players.. no.

Archived