Possessed Varg needs a change.

Just like what the  title says. Varg's hound spawing mechanic needs a change. I know that klei is aware of how hard the Varg is but still, The hounds are way too much.

The stun mechanics are amazing. However, dealing with nonstop hound waves makes it imposible to deal any damage to the Varg.

My suggestions:

• (1)Add a cooldown to Vargs hound spawning.
    • This way players can sync Hound waves cooldown with Varg stun to deal high amounts of damage to the enemy.
  • (2)Extend the Varg stun time.
    • This way players can stun the Varg and deal with the hounds, And return to stunned Varg to deal more damage.
  • (3)Don't change the Varg but make hound spawns tied to the amount of players on the server. (just like normal hound waves)
    • I think I don't need to explain this, more people, more hounds. (Apparently this was already in the game.)

Getting spark ark for multiple times are already really time consuming process but at least fighting with deerclops and bearger is really fun. I can't really say the same for Varg tho. It really needs some tweaks.

I used wormwood's saladmanders to tank and distract the vargs themselves, then used the brightshade staff to protect them and myself from the hordes of hounds. It worked really well salad manders are really underrated. I am going to try and test other followers. If other followers like pigmen and bunnys work i would like the varg to stay the way it is, using followers is more interesting.

Actually the Varg do summon more hounds when more players are present. This stacks with surviving days of players. For 1 player with 84 days survived the Varg summons 4 hounds each wave, and for 2 players there will be 5 each wave.

(4 is more than enough for a normal Varg to overwhelm a player)

I reckon these new "undead"/Moon-reanimated bosses (and future mutated mobs) are *late-game hardmode* content and KLei's take at World Progression - hence they should be hard to deal with in Survival context. So, yeah, you/player should struggle to take them down (we got plenty good gear by that point to justify the new difficulty). No nerfs on them mutated mobs needed.

Archived