Advanced buildings should be made out of more refined materials.

It always bothered me that the large telescope is build out of raw metal. Half of that thing is literally glass. Imo it should be refined metal + glass. The small telescope is lower tech so it`s ok. It also looks like a reflector type so metal makes sense here (althrough refined would make more sense).

Similarly the virtual planetarium is a large glass ball and takes metal ore to be build. At least make it refined metal like the lower tech material terminal.

Molecular forge, the station to make end game materials is metal ore as well. This thing should be at least plastic and glass if not steel.

It was also weird to me how the metal refinery and glass forge were made out of raw rock. Imo those things should require an insulator to be constructed. The thing is the only insulator we got on that tech level is ceramic which is not always available so i would hold with that until we get some more insulator materials. Plastic foam maybe?

Another thing that would make sense to be made out of refined metal is the fire pole. The tech it needs suggests it would be more refined but i guess it`s a low tier thing. Automated airlocks would make sense to be refined metal. It would give a sense of progression when you`d need better materials to make those.

Finally we got refined carbon that is only used to make steel. How about replacing coal in medical recipies with refined carbon? You would want a more pure carbon to make medicine right? It`s also the same tech tier (kiln and apothecary) so it shouldn`t be an issue and would also guarantee that your resources for medical stuff don`t get randomly burnt for power.

Can agree some advanced buildings feel a bit easy on the resources. Glass should definetly be one. Once you know how to get started the main challenge is kinda gone.

Data banks are a bit to easy with all the pois. To bad they don't drop blueprints instead. I like decorating an what I have is overused.

The glass an metal refiner as stone makes sense with how forging works. You can make a forge with dirt an wood.

Refined carbon is used in everything from fertilizer to filtration and medicine. So definetly could have more property types ingame. Maybe a germ killing filtration medium. Advanced Water and oxygen purification.

Google search says carbon is also used as coating in rocket technology as heat shielding. And ceramic plates as protection on the space station from space debrie. Huh, neat. 

4 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Maybe a germ killing filtration medium. Advanced Water and oxygen purification.

I actually like this idea alot. still i will build chorine chamber for large scale of purifiling but that would also be great

17 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Google search says carbon is also used as coating in rocket technology as heat shielding. And ceramic plates as protection on the space station from space debrie. Huh, neat. 

Actually you can use carbon to build the basic nosecone so i guess that fits. Maybe they should make it a regualr construction material. Would be an alternative for worlds with little clay.

On 8/25/2023 at 7:15 AM, Sasza22 said:

Finally we got refined carbon that is only used to make steel.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:28 AM, Sasza22 said:

Actually you can use carbon to build the basic nosecone so i guess that fits.

Just a reminder. Refined carbon can also be used to make diamonds in DLC.

On 8/25/2023 at 5:42 AM, NNOUS said:

I actually like this idea alot. still i will build chorine chamber for large scale of purifiling but that would also be great

Yes but what if it killed the germs and lasted 10x as long? So it's extra steps for longer lasting results. Not sure what byproduct you would get though. 

Archived