How do I go about getting access to these volcanos?

On 8/15/2023 at 1:05 PM, kyle8544 said:

I have 2 volcanos in these magma biomes but my asteroid spawned side ways so they are all on the left side. Any idea how I can access these so I can start a petroleum boiler or even using these to make a sauna? 

image.thumb.png.c446643e9daeab06ae9241b3e14f1137.pngimage.thumb.png.9eb8cafc00e2ed350f68a4cb684cba17.png

You seem to have access from below if you come in from the side.  If you want to maintain the mass, I recommend a setup like this:

It's hard to see, but I have a magma dripper design in my pipeless heat exchanger:

In this post, at the top, there is a magma dripper that drips magma to a heat battery, which is a bar of steam that the magma exchanges heat.  This operates as a sort of "middle man," allowing me to use this heat for multiple purposes or even incorporate other heat sources in the future.

The liquid under the magma is liquid uranium, but it could also be copper or gold.

You can also move magma with pitcher pumps as long as the top 2x4 area of the pump is not exposed to magma.

The biggest piece of advise I can give keep it a vacuum.  Gases and magma don't do well together (excluding my build below).

If you are particularly ambitious, you can use an approach like my Full Magma Pump.  In the post below, I have a magma and metal volcano variant:

How I would do it is make a magma blade drawing magma from the bottom of the magma sea, once the magma sea has drained enough to allow entry (all vacuumed of course) then go inside and dig out obsidian letting more magma drip down. Eventually the volcanoes will be exposed and the magma will drip down and refill the magma sea.

What I like to do is to have vacuum on top and then simply use dupes, normal pitcher pumps and bottle emptiers. As long as everything is in perfect vacuum no special materials are needed. Have to make sure the dupes do not path through the magma too much. 

What I have also done is cool everything down, but that takes forever. 

hello  this my pump  design, on my map have 4 volcano . i just pump almost all magma on magma biome  to infinite storage (later using for power generation maybe sour gas ) , never failed  , it will failed if no power ( can be solved using watt metter and   automation) to stop the push. i just make it simpe just using timer and never run out power 

,  this design  pump  10 kg /s magma. on middle game i dont have natpha  just go with water cooling . inspiration from someone on youtube ( i forget ^_^ )  and gc fungus  design. i fixed the design and make it smaler . only works on right side biome .

go to botoom biome magma dig using 4-5  door and automation door and  button to lock and open to push magma.  and using airflow  tile to push away  magma. patient build snf discontruct door and tile  until bottom lava (steel need ) vacum is must. duplicant always get hurt when dig into magma , hospital triage must . when is done just push magma from left to right biome 

sorry for my bad english  ^_^  
2.thumb.png.75f188f5b869808b27d890215e810b84.png

Archived