Morb + Pufts = endless food and lime

Hey forum,
So I recently got back into the game (as I do from time to time) and I had an idea about such a "machine" using ranches, dupes, morbs etc:

image.thumb.png.2aa5c6d8db5f4146f38b8a47c4da6e55.png

The idea is to use very little input to start a system, which gives you endless free resources (at the cost of dupe labor for the ranches).
I can explain the diagram if its not clear and I plan to make in debug just to test it out.

The cool thing about this system is that you only need access to the slime biome and it can be built very early on into the game, before cycle 300 I think.
Once setup, you just need 2 ranchers and you`ll have enough food and lime for a unstoppable colony.
Heck, you`ll have so much lime by cycle 1000 that you`ll run out of iron before you run out of lime and you`ll have so much food for the resin tree it`ll never stop eating.

3 hours ago, asurendra said:

One important thing to concern: morbs produce pO2 when they are moving. Late game lag make them move rarely, so they production depends on your PC power. Scheme not for potatos...

This is true, but critter AI is one of the optimizations in @Peter Han's Fast Tracks mod. With 20 Morbs + a Puft ranch with an algae distiller, you get a source of dirty water for a planetoid that otherwise might have none.

I used to hate the Marshy Asteroid but on recent playthroughs I have grown to love it. You are constrained by space and have to either make your own power and water or import it. You really need to understand all the various systems and optimizations in order to make it work.

14 hours ago, asurendra said:

One important thing to concern: morbs produce pO2 when they are moving. Late game lag make them move rarely, so they production depends on your PC power. Scheme not for potatos...

Its an early to mid game system.
After you have a steady supply of polluted water to top up the evaporation chamber you can kill the morbs.

9 hours ago, Mr. Rimbaud said:

I'm interested if you have more details. Thanks.

Sure.
Well the main idea is to have a system which you can use to grow your pacu count early on without sacrificing algea.

This solves multiple problems.
Lets say that you choose to have your starting dupes as: 1 Digger, 1 Research, 1 Rancher
Right off the bat you can work on getting access to the slime biome with the digger, while the researcher takes care of tech and buildings and the rancher takes care of food.
Once you access the slime biome you work towards having 2 Ranchers (scrub the digger after digging out the space you need).

Then you can focus entirely on the system from the diagram.
It`ll give you lots and lots of food, very low heat production, algea for oxygen (havent decided if I need the sage hatch yet, doesnt seem worth it for 100W), egg shells for lime later down the line etc.
I bet you can have it up and running by cycle 50.

6 hours ago, meekay said:

By the way, you might consider sending the Polluted Dirt to a Sublimator within the same room as the Pufts or Morbs, instead of giving it to Hatches or the composter.

No need, the polluted dirt goes str8 back into the evaporation chamber to offgas there.
It will not be composted or given to hatches.

Archived