[Game Update] - Public Testing 567154

• Developer

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Pips can now plant seeds in a vacuum. 

Fixes

• All versions
    • Fixed an issue with the Conduction Panel where building temperatures would oscillate if the thermal conductivity of their materials was too high.
    • Fixed issue preventing overcrowding penalty from scaling with critter density for Pacu.
    • Fixed Park and Nature Reserves not applying their effects when multiple Duplicants enter the room at the same time.
    • Fixed issue causing overlay legend scrolling UI to unexpectedly jump to the top when the game was unpaused.
    • Fixed mannequins sometimes disappearing in Wardrobe screen.

View full update

• Like 11

Can someone on the test version explain exactly how the critter crowding changes things?

I have some tame and some wild critters in my current base, and I'd prefer not to have them start dying off when the update releases. :) 

10 minutes ago, Farsight said:

Can someone on the test version explain exactly how the critter crowding changes things?

I have some tame and some wild critters in my current base, and I'd prefer not to have them start dying off when the update releases. :) 

It's designed to not change anything if you aren't using the Critter Fountain, that's because if there is any overcrowding, the happiness penalty starts at -5, the same as the old penalty. Then the penalty is increased by 1 for each additional critter, but critter happiness is binary: it's either happy or glum and it doesn't matter if the happiness is -1 or -100.

When you give critters both +5 happiness buffs (from groomed and hydrated), then critters have +10 happiness to work with, that means you can add 5 more critters into a ranch before they become glum but when the hydrated bonus is not in play things should be completely unchanged.

Edited by blakemw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1