Swapping Shards while Online

So, on switch, it seems that swapping shards can result in a pretty significantly long load screen. I would normally have no issue with this, however, the server is running the whole time, and I sometimes lose around half a day while waiting to transition to the caves from the surface just because I needed a few lightbulbs. 

If the load screen itself cannot be fixed right now, can shard swapping while online solo result in the game auto-pausing, or at least have the option for that? In a similar vein, it seems that upon creating the world, time passes while you are on character select as well, resulting in more lost time. 

On 7/24/2023 at 5:21 PM, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

So, on switch, it seems that swapping shards can result in a pretty significantly long load screen. I would normally have no issue with this, however, the server is running the whole time, and I sometimes lose around half a day while waiting to transition to the caves from the surface just because I needed a few lightbulbs. 

If the load screen itself cannot be fixed right now, can shard swapping while online solo result in the game auto-pausing, or at least have the option for that? In a similar vein, it seems that upon creating the world, time passes while you are on character select as well, resulting in more lost time. 

The auto pause thing would be useful, I honestly don't understand why it hasn't been implemented, especially with the terrible loading times in a game that has low minimum requirements on PC... Come on! I understand that it is an Indie game but Mortal Kombat, Borderlands and many more games with thousands of mechanics have much higher FPS and better performance in general than it is port

Archived