Wormwood's Mushroom Skill Tree

Mushroom Mastery I, II and Mushroom Multiplier

I personally had very little incentive to craft Mushroom Planters and the increased growth speed + yield doesn't change that for me as Wormwood, who I see has even less use for Mushroom Planters since it's really only sanity or veg filler/food that he'd gain from said Mushrooms.

I suggest that mushroom multiplier should be replaced with a skill that gives Wormwood a built-in funcap (Wormwood gets a reduced hunger drain + drops spores based on the season). I would without hestiation almost always pick this perk and it would also synergize well with Wormwood when he goes into bloom due to the increased hunger drain in that state.

I'm not entirely sure what should be changed for Mushroom Master I & II, as again, a faster grow speed doesn't mean much to me personally, unless...

Moon Shroom Cloud

For this perk, let Wormwood plant Moon Shrooms in Mushroom Planters. Going to the grotto to try and amass Moon Shrooms is not a fun experience in the long-run and it would also actually give me a reason to craft Mushroom Planters.

2 minutes ago, Valase said:

I know that this may be off topic, but didn't they remove the increased hunger loss when bloomed?

Good question. I just tested in-game. You lose 90 hunger a day when in full bloom.

Wormwood can eat red mushroom for 12,5 hunger each without loosing health. It's a big advantage. You could survive only eating red mushrooms (and you would only need to craft living logs to replenish the mushroom planters.  Assuming you are not in full bloom, you would need to eat 6 red mushrooms per day. If we round up, a mushroom planted in its planter will need 4 (3.75) days to give 4. So each planter produce a net 3 mushroom every 4 days (you need one to replant).

Taken together, you can survive with 8 mushroom planters (as it produce 24 mushrooms every 4 days).
If mushrooms grow faster, and with a higher yield (5 instead of 3), you can survive with fewer mushroom planters and it costs less living logs because of higher yield.

Wormwood is the ultimate mushroomy character.

Mushroom no longer spoil during winter if planted by Wormwood with such skill.

I don't like mushroom planter cuz it's not as "set and forget" as kelps because of the fertilization requirement and snow problem.

Now fertilizers are fine, but snow spoilage is a bomber for me personally, which I wish to be removed by skill tree.

Archived