Other ideas to the current skill trees.(COMPLETE WORMWOOD SKILL TREE REWORK).

:wilson_blush:Hello dear forum, Hello beloved Klei! I will give my last too cents in those skill trees and I hope it helps. Here you will find some new ideas for Woodie and a Complete Re-Re-Rework to Wormwood's Skill Tree:

WOODIE

• Woodworker skill: instead of craft one board with less logs he could craft 5 boards at once with less logs.
  • Seed Master: A new skill that allows woodie to craft seeds of all kinds of trees even those we don't have seeds now.

WORMWOOD

image.thumb.png.0970125bf1f4ff7d80a2f80076cf3035.png

Here I divided Wormwood skills in branches and I will explane to you how I would change those branches:

BRANCH 1

Changed and added: 

• Petal Production: Uses rot to craft petals when bloomed.
  • Sun Light Plant: Wormwood can drinks his wetness to heal himself when he get sunlight.
  • Shade Plant : Gain increased protection from overheating when in full bloom.
  • Growth Spurt : Reach full bloom much quicker.

Do not change: 

• Seed Sleuth.
  • Flower Power.

Removed:

• Growth Spurt I.
  • Growth Spurt II.

BRANCH 2

Changed and added: 

• Water absortion: Wormwood can acts like a sponge and absorver water from water sources.
  • Water preservation: Wormwood can keeps wetness until he dicides to use that water.
  • Water Irrigation: Wormwood can uses his wetness to irrigate farms in a vast range and makes enemies wet(Wormwood+ Morning Star or Volt Goat Jelly = More Damage).

Removed:

• Lunar Cultivator I.
  • Lunar Cultivator II.
  • Lunar Cultivator III.

BRANCH 3

Changed and added: 

• Farmhand I: Tend farm plants within a vast range while full bloom.
  • Farmhand II:  Fetilize farms plants within a vast range while full bloom but you need to have the fertilizer in your inventory.(This is an idea from Lakhnish Monster).
  • Bee Kind II: Uses 1 Honeycomb to craft 4 Beeswaxes(It is very needed when Winter's Feast is not active in public servers).

Removed:

• Farmhand III.

Do not change: 

• Bee Kind.
  • Fly Trap.

BRANCH 4

Changed and added: 

• Lureplant Control: A new skill that allows Wornwood to open a loreplant and take its loot without killing it.
  • Bush Transformation I: Changes the kind of 1 bush (You chooese any kind of bush).
  • Bush Transformation II: Changes the kind of 5 bushes (You chooese any kind of bush).
  • Bush Transformation III: Changes the kind of 10 bushes (You chooese any kind of bush).

Do not change: 

• Lureplant crafting.
  • Buttlerfly Friend.

Removed:

• Sapling Crafting.
  • Berry Bush crafting.
  • Juicy Berry Bush Crafting.
  • Monkeytail Crafting.

BRANCH 5

Changed and added:

• Mushroom Mastery I: Mushrooms planted in a Mushroom Planter grows in maximum speed.  
  • Mushroom Mastery II: Mushrooms planted in a Mushroom Planter produce a higher yield.
  • Mushroom Mastery III: Mushrooms planted in a Mushroom Planter do not spoil in winter.
  • Moon Shroom Cloud: Allow us to plant Moon Shrooms in Mushroom Planters and Release Sleep-inducing spores when eating a Moon Shroom.
  • Poor Sap: Can be used in bushes to protect it from Deadly Brightshade infection.

BRANCH 6

Changed and added:

• Lunar guardian II: Summon more vines.

Do not change: 

• Lunar guardian I.

I hope it could helps make this game even better =D

Thank You. :love_heart:

*IMPORTANT: Wetness has it's on downsides like drop weapons from your hands and makes your sanity goes down faster.

**Everything in red is a further correction.

4 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Farmhand II:  Fetilize farms plants within a vast range while full bloom.(This is an idea from Lakhnish Monster).

Be able to tame farm is okay, Fetilize plants without using manure/rot sounds very broken. disapporve.

4 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Sun Light Plant: Wormwood can drinks his wetness to heal himself when he get sunlight.

5 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

Water absortion: Wormwood can acts like a sponge and absorver water from water sources.

I do like the idea that wormwood can play around wetness, yet those 2 will perform like : suck water form pond and imidiatly trasfer that into hp. sound very broken.

Or that will use hunger to "regrow" or have a huge colddown timer.  Lunar Cultivator tree is still very good and shoundnt be cutted away.

13 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

BRANCH 4

No.

15 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

I hope it could helps make this game even better =D

Overall I get the idea u want wormwood to be super OP play to win character. I disagree. Thanks. but ideas around wetness been used because wormwood is a plant i can agree on, but i wish it to be more interactive and not just turn it to hp

5 hours ago, NNOUS said:

Be able to tame farm is okay, Fetilize plants without using manure/rot sounds very broken. disapporve.

You are right, I put that in the description now. 

5 hours ago, NNOUS said:

I do like the idea that wormwood can play around wetness, yet those 2 will perform like : suck water form pond and imidiatly trasfer that into hp. sound very broken.

Or that will use hunger to "regrow" or have a huge colddown timer.  Lunar Cultivator tree is still very good and shoundnt be cutted away.

In winter it is bad, and he gets all downsides of being wet.

5 hours ago, NNOUS said:

Overall I get the idea u want wormwood to be super OP play to win character. I disagree. Thanks. but ideas around wetness been used because wormwood is a plant i can agree on, but i wish it to be more interactive and not just turn it to hp

He is not OP. Be Wet is good and bad at the same time.

I really like the concepts of biology applied on Wormwood, because it is literally a plant. And i'm kind shocked that nobody thought this before...Good Work!

• Sun Light Plant: Wormwood can drinks his wetness to heal himself when he get sunlight.

:wilson_flower:

13 hours ago, Mestre Cuca said:

I really like the concepts of biology applied on Wormwood, because it is literally a plant. And i'm kind shocked that nobody thought this before...Good Work!

• Sun Light Plant: Wormwood can drinks his wetness to heal himself when he get sunlight.

:wilson_flower:

A plant needs water, sunlight, nutrients and etc.. So I thought it would make a lot of sense deal with wormwood as if he was a plant.

19 hours ago, Copyafriend said:

We already got a wormwood tree rework, its pretty good (rip petals though)

my only complaint is the fruit fly perk, but i mean ONE bad perk isnt so bad.

I was I strong defender of petal production, and I was very happy to have that in the game. Unfortuneelly people toke too long to see it's potencial and now everyone is lamenting. I hope Klei give us another way to farm petals without having to realease hundreads of bees around the Constant. Wendys, megabasers, wormwood players and even walter players would like that. 

Megabasers and survavialists can co-exist as always have been.

For me DST have 3 fases: survive, explore, megabase.

Survive: learn how to deal with the 4 stations, food, night, hounds, deerclops and etc.. Here the survival happens.

Explore: Kill all bosses, clean ruins, clean atrium, discover all islands, explore caves, oceans and all biomes, make all quests, get all blue prints etc.

Megabase: survive is easy now, you have farms, you know how to kill all bosses and starts been creative and build all around the map. You build arenas, more complex and produtive farms, roads, harbors and etc... Here the SandBox flourish.

Petal production in large quantites is very necessary in the Megabase fase, but can help in other fases, and if you play with more people you really need that in all fases to produce manure, gift warps and etc...

Archived