A newgame plus mode after pass through spacestear?

Some time ago I had similar idea: 

I really hope Klei will do this one day, it would motivate people more to play till the end and it would make future games more interesting. It also seems quite easy to do

2 hours ago, pether said:

Well, I just hope that means Klei have plenty great ideas already planned ahead ;)

me too, seems bit quiet lately upen here, i wish there is something cooking behind the curtain.

On 7/20/2023 at 4:12 AM, pether said:

Some time ago I had similar idea:

I really hope Klei will do this one day, it would motivate people more to play till the end and it would make future games more interesting. It also seems quite easy to do

This is a very good idea.

I don't think anyone would want the dupes that have been with them for over a thousand days to disappear, just to achieve something.

He should appear in the next colony

I feel like this kind of gameplay alteration could and would be best covered by a mod. I mean, it basically consists in starting with dupes that have given sets of traits, many skill points available from the get go and possibly, last but not least at all, neural vacillator buffs.

In fact, many mods already allow to manually select dupe properties. Perhaps you could have your wish just by manually noting the characteristic of your leaving dupes and recreating them using such mods.

I belong to those who prefer an eternal game progression. 

I also don't like losing dupes after they warped through the rift.

I find that a bit wasted and nonsensical even.

So, I hope Klei will find a good solution for this. But I don't know if a new game + mode is the right way.

I would like it more to see features of the game that allow a never-ending development, without the need to end the game and then somehow start again with the same dupes etc.

Archived