Hello yall

*kahem*

WHY

WE

DONT

HAVE

SPYGLASSES

IN DST MAAAN

Ok, talking seriously, I mean it. Like, the sailing mechanic is fine. The crafts and structures are fine. But the speed to find stuff IS SO PAINFULL. With literally one item it could be way more fun. It can be hard to craft. Eyeball for craft, Im in. Yellow gems, even. But please, its so annoying to be like 5 days clicking row over and over to find one thing in a bigger place when it could incentive gameplay using spyglasses decon staff/construction wise.

It is probably already a suggestion around the forums but thas my 5 cents for this discussion. Today was a tough day sailing and all I could think was "oh boy a spyglass here would make it so neat" for the whole 2 seasons doing Pearl quests n Malbatross cuz I couldnt find the stuff I needed IN A SMALL WORLD.

SPYGLASSES. PWEEEASE.

Oh for the ones not aware I mean this item https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Spyglass

fr, the ocean is such a hit or miss experience largely because things that SHOULD have been auto-include from the first draft were somehow completely overlooked by Klei even to this day...  Like Spyglass srsly why do we not have it???  I can only imagine b/c Klei actively wants the ocean content to be bad b/c I don't see any other argument about it lol

7 hours ago, Mr Giggio said:

the sailing mechanic is fine. The crafts and structures are fine.

7 hours ago, Mr Giggio said:

clicking row over and over

It does take a bit more investment, but you can make sails and bumpers for faster exploration.

1 hour ago, Popian said:

It does take a bit more investment, but you can make sails and bumpers for faster exploration.

Its not just forward speed, but general maneuverability.  The ocean is vast, and even skirting some of the visible lines between ocean depths doesn't ensure you don't sail right passed something valuable.  The big thing the spyglass brings isn't about looking further ahead, but looking side to side.  Building sails doesn't help this because steering is garbage, with no upgrades.  Paddling is the most maneuverable as you can quickly change course BUT its slow, even with a drift wood oar, and you're still aimlessly meandering far too much.  Its crazy how often I've paddled around for 3-5 days just looking for salt or a tall tree.  Absolutely ridiculous.

YES. This is my biggest wish in DST now, having the two types of spyglasses to make ocean exploration easier.

Please don't make it too expensive, though :'D maybe the upgraded version could have the eyeball, but the regular version could use basic materials. Or an empty bottle.

47 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

YES. This is my biggest wish in DST now, having the two types of spyglasses to make ocean exploration easier.

And having found the moon island, we could make a megaspyglasses with night vision to facilitate the exploration of caves. In order for the exploration of caves and the ocean to be a little more interconnected.

Archived