Finally a working base (survival) :)))

I have finally managed to use all what I have learnt so far in this base. Coal and water has not been a problem since the first cycle (maybe I was lucky with the seed). Heat is kind of in control.

Eager to learn more!

Coordinates: SNDST-A-1645285719-0-C3

Untitled.png

Nice build. May i offer one suggestion? If you struggle with performance: avoid multipathing options. Every time a dupe could use different paths to arrive at the target, you waste LOTS of CPU-power. As single path to everywhere, blocked by walls or even locked doors can do so much for game performance. 

For example: A right wing, a left wing and a center base with entry/exit to the wings that are not connected outside of the base will result in a much smoother gameplay. 

But: Its just a suggestion. Do as you please! Its your game, not mine!

3 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Congrats! Completely different from what I would have done ;-)

Thanks! I consider myself noob in this game so having made it to 250 cycles without big problems is a win.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Nice build. May i offer one suggestion? If you struggle with performance: avoid multipathing options. Every time a dupe could use different paths to arrive at the target, you waste LOTS of CPU-power. As single path to everywhere, blocked by walls or even locked doors can do so much for game performance. 

For example: A right wing, a left wing and a center base with entry/exit to the wings that are not connected outside of the base will result in a much smoother gameplay. 

But: Its just a suggestion. Do as you please! Its your game, not mine!

Very nice advice. Thanks! I will take your points with me and try to implement them in my game. But the game is so much learning by failure.

274 cycles! 

Untitled.png

22 hours ago, T-Rex_80 said:

Thanks! I consider myself noob in this game so having made it to 250 cycles without big problems is a win.

It is. I well remember the total fails I had when I started. 

Archived