Equal odds of getting each dupe in printing pod?

Hiya,

Are there any data miners (or anyone else) who know if the odds of getting any particular dupe in the printing pod are equal or if some are less common?

I'm holding out for Mae. I know she can't appear for the first few dozen-or-so cycles, but it's been 500-or-so cycles now. Is this just the RNG Goddess having a laugh, or is it part of the intended mechanics?

EDIT: I do have some mods running. Don't know if there are mods that might unintentionally affect this.

20 hours ago, asurendra said:

Also if you have dupe you cant get it twice unless you have full pack. So each time you take anyone you increase chances to get Mae

Also with the disturbing caveat: if a dupe dies, you can then get them again. I don't know if this is always the case but I've definitely had it happen in Spaced Out.

On 5/16/2023 at 12:57 PM, asurendra said:

Also if you have dupe you cant get it twice unless you have full pack.

I'm not sure this is the case.  I have only tried to get a "full pack" of dupes once, and it was some time ago, but I started to get duplicates while I still had approximately 8 or so dupes to go.  This behaviour may have changed since then.

Also, bear in mind that if you only need 2 dupes to complete the set the printing pod will still offer 3 dupes (most of the time, anyway), so you will have a duplicate in the 3rd slot.

32 minutes ago, mightybaz said:

I'm not sure this is the case.  I have only tried to get a "full pack" of dupes once, and it was some time ago, but I started to get duplicates while I still had approximately 8 or so dupes to go.  This behaviour may have changed since then.

Also, bear in mind that if you only need 2 dupes to complete the set the printing pod will still offer 3 dupes (most of the time, anyway), so you will have a duplicate in the 3rd slot.

Game even have special message when you get full pack. Maybe you have mods that affect pod?

Assuming I found the right part of the code (which is not a guarantee), it looks like it tries 20 times to find a "non-redundant" Duplicant (which is testing by looking at the Duplicant's internal ID; renaming your dupes won't get around this limit).

So in that case, it looks like there's no hard requirement, but the raw combinatorics of failing to randomly generate a unique duplicant in 20 attempts means you're unlikely to get duplicate duplicants until you have a fair number of dupes already. (Pool of 40 to start from, so the odds of getting a duplicate for the 4th duplicant is looking at a 3/40 ^ 20 percent chance? Maybe? Statistics aren't my strong suit)

On 5/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, Red Shark said:

Assuming I found the right part of the code (which is not a guarantee), it looks like it tries 20 times to find a "non-redundant" Duplicant (which is testing by looking at the Duplicant's internal ID; renaming your dupes won't get around this limit).

thats correct. It picks a random personality and, if that personality is already in the colony, it repicks it at random up to 20 times.

Archived