Moon Gleams planted on Mushroom Planters grow Moon Shrooms + Moon Funcap

Hi, I was wondering if it would be cool if I could grow the Moon Shrooms from Lunar Grotto on Mushroom Planters by using Moongleams collected from the Moon Storms

Also, can there be a craftable Moon Funcap that spits out Moon Gleams periodically?

Sure would be pretty cool to have more Moon Shrooms in my life. 

I was thinking that using Moon Gleams would make more sense.

They can't be obtained until 'End Game' when Moon Storms are unlocked. This seems more 'fair'. 
They can already be caught with Bug Nets

But, I'll take whatever I can get as long as it involved more Moon Shrooms. 

I disagree. Moongleams and Lunar Mushrooms are both from the Moon.

Now, if you had said "Nightmare Fuel is completely separate from Lunar Mushrooms", then I could get behind what you're saying. But, that's not what you're saying, so I can't get behind what you're saying and I don't fully understand why you're even saying it. 

"Moongleams and Lunar Mushrooms are both from the Moon."

But that doesn't mean they're the same thing. That's like if you said "Thulecite and Dreadstone are the same thing because they both are found in the Ruins". It doesn't work like that. What do you get from chopping Lunar Mushtrees? What do Mushgnomes release while they walk/panic? Not Moongleams, that's for sure. If Klei wanted Moongleams to be spores they would've made them a drop for those two, rather than Lunar Spores.

Maybe it could be made that lunar spores could be blasted with an ice staff to create a Frozen Lunar Spore, which could be collected without any additional tools, and used in a mushroom planter, but with the same spoilage properties as ice, and if it thaws fully in inventory, will detonate, causing damage to the player (more than the usual 10, considering it's in direct contact) and dumping much of their inventory. Could also be stored indefinitely in an ice box, but if stored in other storage, would again dump contents upon detonation.

There are two things going on here....
Nothing that can be carried in a bag/chest can be made of pure energy, so there's no way that Moon Gleams are made of pure energy.
Everything that exists is made out of pure energy. Atoms are made of energy. 
This has gotten too silly. 
I don't know how I attracted the griefers. Screw it, forget about the Mushrooms Planters, Moon Shrooms and Moon Gleams. 

That's actually my point, you aren't understanding me...potentially on purpose. 

Good, Mushrooms Planters growing Moon Shrooms is already a played out idea. It's not gonna happen. RIP. I lost, you win. 
It turns out the Mushroom Planters are not the proper medium for Moon Shrooms. Moon Shrooms require Mutated Fungus to grow, which Mushroom Planters do not contain.. Oh well. 

Archived