How does one change the script files of a pigman?

For clarification I am trying to figure out how to change the assets for pigman when they have dialogue, eg: when a pigman says “YOU NOT PIG” I am wondering how to change that. I have looked inside the data folder for don’t starve and found the chatter box node, and I found the place holders for the pig man lines in the pigman brain Lua file but I don’t know how to edit what the pigman says or what the variable string is.

If I understand you correctly, you need the most basic mod template with nothing and a strings file

add the following line to the modmain file:

local STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGS

and then the line from the file, if it has many levels, then you need to write all levels: for example, this is how the name of the subject looks:
STRINGS.NAMES.SPEAR = "spear"

temp.zip

Now I have very little experience with lua, but I assumed that it was all stored somewhere, but I guess not… But what you’re saying is I just need to download the modding template then define the strings?

Additionally, where would I find the mod main file. And for example if the string was “PIG_CHATTER_WORK” what would I do then? I would like any ideas for this.

You don't need experience, just a text editor, any. Open common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\scripts.zip then strings.lua file

Next, I recommend using the search to quickly find the required line

image.png.61653b37d5907637eb1d6a34299bd10e.png

and all that remains for you is to follow the path where this phrase lies, for example, I scrolled up

image.png.c66a48c208fc972bd361640b77400247.png

and all that remains for you is to follow the path where this phrase lies, for example, I scrolled up
that is, my way will be
STRINGS.NAMES.DAYWALKER = "New Name "

in the archive there is already a small example from me in the modmain file. put the folder from the archive in the mods folder

Archived