World setting: Boss health scaling with number of players.

True, this game is called Don't Starve Together. But I would laugh if someone tells me there are no solo players in it.

I cannot understand why Bosses remain at such an absurd healthpool even if you are on your own.

It irks me because from my experience, a excessive healthpool would make the fight over repetitive, and resource wasting. 

For single player, bosses have around 3000 health. With that in comparison, the boss health in DST are very hostile to solo players. 

True, some pros can do it. But just like mentioned in the roadmap, should the game not become "Easy to learn and hard to master"?

This is an insanely high skill floor even players with decent experience would struggle at. 

Instead, how about we make the boss health scaling with the number of players in the server to be a world gen setting?

So pros can still challenge themselves, and give the option to balance the boss fights to other players.

(Perhaps some bosses' health regeneration should be scaled too...)

DST raid bosses tend to have game changing loots.

dragonfly gives you furnace, which trivialize winter for everyone in the server or in that base. The fight takes solo players about 1 day.

bee queen gives you jelly beans. She also gives you crown which allows you to set up sanity stations.

toadstool gives you 3 light stands. Fight takes 3 days.

Is an epic fight and epic loot deserve to be 8 min long? I think it’s fair.

plus, the game also gives you open options. Such as fight dragonfly using pig/bunnyman/spider/merm/catapults/tentacles, etc.

Plus, reducing 20k+ hp to 3k is 6 times slower, which is way too much.

There's a similar topic that's been made fairly recently already. Anyway, scaling is tricky business. I've seen this topic come up a few times and there are some good arguments against it. That said, I think the best counter to those arguments is that boss scaling, if enabled, should be based on the number of players near the boss rather than active in the world, should scale unevenly so as to still give the advantage to larger groups, and yield reduced loot for smaller groups or solo players, though that loot should still include their unique items.

Basically, taking on these superbosses should be preferable with a larger group, but not impossible if you don't have one.

Archived