The lunar tab deserves more items and uses for lunar materials

Not exactly related to the new content, but i think its worth mentioning one big problem related to the lunar items we already had, first of all:

Glass axe, glass cutter, bath bomb, 2 statue sketches and the celestial portal kit and idols.

Glass axes are great, nothing bad to say about them, glass cutters are mediocre, they are not worth in practicly any scenario, only having and advantage against two bosses in the whole game, and since forgotten knowledge and eye of the storm we get so much moon glass pasivly that bath bombs are not worth doing anymore.

We got an evolution, a new progression and tier for the lunar items an still the og tab feels so empty, at this point moonglass its incredibly easy to farm and once you start killing CC it stars staking like rot, we have the stations, we have the materials and we defenetly have abilitys that we would like to see in game, why dont introduce new items to the old lunar tab.

Again, nothing wrong about the new brightshade items, i love its desings, the rifts are super cool and the whole thing its great, but i think we move on from this tab without nothing substantial added to it, and i am not asking for the new items to be added to the old tab, i am just asking for items where i can spent all my moon glass and moon blossoms.

With that being said i would like to bring up some concepts and ideas for items that could be implemented, another sugestion is for the crafts to be divided between the three stations of lunar island:

-Moon glass armor: Works like wormwoods brumble husk, has 70 % dmg resistance but a lot of health, calls for moon glass and moon blossoms

-Moon rock hat: made out of a cratered orb and a few more moonrocks, its a hat with 80 % dmg reduction but, gems can be socketed in it for new effects:

Red makes it to have same drability as a thulecite suit.

Blue makes it so we can cast a spell like the pugalisk wand from hamlet.

Purple makes it so we have a 50% reduction from insanity auras.

Yellow make it work like a head slot magy but it has to be repaired with moon glass.

Green makes it so all the items the player use get their durability multiplied by 2.5.

Orange make it so the player can teleport in a small range around them(consuming durability of after each use).

You get the gem back after it breaks.

-Monn glass walls: they are fragile but deals dmg toward targets like shipwrecked cactus.

-Moon rock hammer: double the durability and double the efficency of a regular hammer.

-The seafearing moon light: a mast upgrade with a very big light radius that can also target enemys aproaching to our boats.

-moon glass bumper kit: make it so the boat its more destructive, needing less speed to break sea stacks.

-Moon glass cooking bell: a magic glass bell that can be put in crockpots, so the dish that is showed in there nevers spoils.

-The petrifification staff: Lets you force petrification and unpetrified trees, trees that are unpetrified will never petrifie again.

-the moonglass pellets: deal aoe dmg on hit.

-Moon glass scythe: on one move make its so all the bushes, saplins, grass tuffs etc drop their loot on the ground.

- the moon corrupted fertilicer: An item made out of moon blossoms that its used like the napsack but the cloud it creates fertilices all the plants on an area.

The hat seems way too complex and strong to be a simple moon rock craft, you probably shouldn’t get the gem back after use either. I don’t have much to say about the rest of the items except the scythe, that’s a great idea!

There’s nothing in the game that’s remotely similar to the scythe except lureplants and even that’s a stretch, so a moon glass scythe would be wonderful.

31 minutes ago, deemo_ said:

The hat seems way too complex and strong to be a simple moon rock craft, you probably shouldn’t get the gem back after use either. I don’t have much to say about the rest of the items except the scythe, that’s a great idea!

There’s nothing in the game that’s remotely similar to the scythe except lureplants and even that’s a stretch, so a moon glass scythe would be wonderful.

well the crafting recepy can always be tweaked, i mentioned getting the gem back so some of the more expensive combos like the green gem were viable, still i think one craked orb, one gem and an extra 6 moon rocks its more than a fair price, and only been able to craft the item at a station its enough balance

Regarding the scythe i mentioned this item on past posts i believe, i think there should be a flint and gold version of the scythe and then having the lunar version have an extra effect, like a biger range or been able to auto collect the harvest, having less uses of course. I didnt want to mention all this on the main post because its a post about the lunar tab, not about new items outside of said tab.

Tons of thanks for your answer :wilson_love:

I like the ideas on display here, specifically the scythe, armor, and especially the helmet. The hat seems like a pretty interesting item, though with it's complexity with the different gems, it seems it'd be better made with bright shade or pure brilliance, or even as a drop from Crab King as it follows his gem socketing mechanic. 

28 minutes ago, GrapeVruit said:

The hat seems like a pretty interesting item, though with it's complexity with the different gems, it seems it'd be better made with bright shade or pure brilliance, or even as a drop from Crab King as it follows his gem socketing mechanic. 

If they decided to do it, I feel it could be neat if it was a craft you could make from CK’s celestial tribute in particular.

44 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

If they decided to do it, I feel it could be neat if it was a craft you could make from CK’s celestial tribute in particular.

I'd be down if he even dropped a blueprint for it. Sounds like a fitting reward for taking down that crabby behemoth.

10 hours ago, GrapeVruit said:

I'd be down if he even dropped a blueprint for it. Sounds like a fitting reward for taking down that crabby behemoth.

i think crab king could drop the materials to craft an improved version of the hat,.

Call it the depht reing crown and simy have more powerfull effects for each gem, like for example the blue gem version could freeze the water creating ice bridges, so you can explore the ocean riding a beefalo or walking (at the cost of durability of course), the green gem one could make it so certain items became refualable at the cost of durability from the hat etc etc

Me and my friends love and have been using glass cutters ever since we discovered lunar. Depending on which character we use, most of the time we prefer the glass cutter over a dark sword, simply because it has all the benefits, without the drawback. before killing CC you will need to go to lunar to craft them, but it's easy to compensate for that downside, by just crafting a lot in one trip. After CC, it's a lot easier. Moonglass is arguably easier to obtain than living logs and nightmare fuel, specially for players who are not experts in the game as most of my friends tend to avoid and have a hard time with combat, plus you can just mine soooo many in lunar island and grotto. 

With the new weapon though, I do get that glass cutter becomes quite less useful, though you would still need to defeat CC for the new sword if you have the world set on default. 

Archived