Have you seen meteor showers on beta?

So far, nobody I talked with saw meteor showers on beta.

At this point I'm wondering is it just a bad luck, or is something broken here?

Can you share your experiences? Have you seen showers on beta branch? Ofc they wouldn't appear on main asteroid, but maybe somebody played on regolith one?

• Developer

There was an issue with them not traveling on the starmap which will be fixed in the next update. The ice and iron showers are spawning correctly on the regolith asteroid even without starmap traveling working. Every 20 cycles a random meteor shower (regolith, ice, iron) is spawned there.

Meteor showers don't start unless a Duplicant or Scout Rover has visited the asteroid but this behavior isn't new to this update.

4 hours ago, EricKlei said:

Meteor showers don't start unless a Duplicant or Scout Rover has visited the asteroid but this behavior isn't new to this update.

It seems that trailblazer landing triggers the counter, when I used sandbox to build Rocket Platform and land rocket there I had 20 cycles of shower-free weather on Doomsday difficylty. I remember my old game when I spawned dupes there with sandbox and couldn't experience showers neither.

Not sure if that is intended, but feels not.

Anyway thanks for the reply :) I can see icy showers in my games

• Developer

The sandbox tool issue will be fixed in the next update, it wasn't marking the asteroid as visited.

Glad to see you saw them on the starmap. Note that if you reload your save you won't see new ones spawn on the starmap--instead they start on the asteroid right away. This will be fixed in the next hotfix.

Archived