Question about whether a big bug is getting fixed or not, didn't see it in the patch notes unless I'm blind

cerebrus000

Does the Aporkalypse still start instantly when you arrive in HAM, if you venture there after spending a lot of days on another world? Like if I spend 61 days in ROG, then travel to HAM, will the aporkalypse have already started in the new beta update?

10 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

That still happens and it's not a bug. Time passes between all worlds at once, seasons included.

So the optimal way to play would be start in HAM, rush the calendar to get a decent route, then screw off to another world? Kinda seems a bit silly. And while I know that you can still get to the calendar during the aporkapylse, it's a major pain. 

Idk a simple fix would be a flag for Klei to say once the player first visits the hamlet world the countdown begins. So if you leave for 60 days then yeah that's what you get, but it would allow you to arrive from ROG or SW and have a non-chaotic opportunity to get the calendar. And yes it is still doable during the event, but annoying.

Or actually, I've been talking in circles. Just use the console to reset the calendar when you arrive. Usually the simplest solution is the best one! 

I don't mind that the Aporkalypse starts without you if you merge worlds later, but I do think it's kind of a problem that since the Can of Silly String is locked up tight inside the palace, you can't leave Hamlet when you enter it after day 61 unless you either world jump to a fresh map (or have already world jumped in your RoG world and brought one from the previous world's crashed balloon setpiece), stop the Aporkalypse, or die and leave all your items there while you resurrect from a touchstone or meat effigy in RoG or possibly Shipwrecked.

Start from another world and rush to the calendar before day60 is not impossible. That's what you need:

1.Enough food which can support about 5 days.You can pack them into packing paper to keep it fresh.

2. Light. One miner's hat and many lightbulb or glow worms is the best, or use cork candle hat instead(not familar with SW, maybe there is another light soruce I don't know)

3.Mask, for gas forest.  This must be crafted in HAM world. Cloth in the recipe can be found by hammer the wreckage of hot air balloon. Or use air purifier from SW instead which is also better as it has no sanity penalty.

4.Explosive, for hidden rooms. Sure you can craft some gunpowder but I suggest to kill or feed snails in caves of RoG world for slime, which is easier for massive collection .

5.Tools, weapons and armor. Machete will be given when you arrives. Hambat and log suit are enough for unvoidable combat.

6.Others, such as cutgrass and log

Do the jump at the start of a new day.When arrived into HAM world, smash the werckage and take the cloth and craft the mask if needed, then start to rush.

Archived