Supply Closet - I dont get it

@lubenja the supply closet is simply a work in progress. Based on previous statements by the devs describing how the system would function incredibly similarly to skins in DST, the supply crates are likely a temporary measure before an eventual implementation of getting skins periodically while playing, maybe daily drops too. I heavily doubt that supply crates / skins being primarily acquired via the klei accounts website is going to be the main way they go about things.

Hmmm, I am generally skeptical, if not opposing to skins, and how they works in most video games, but with Klei, I am willing to see how it turns out.

For reference, small DST skin bundles are $10 for 6 pieces, e.g. the Gothic set, and the Fantasmical set, but they include some elaborate 2.5D/3D pieces. On the other hand, big bundles, e.g. the Bounteous bundle, are $17 for some roughly 40 pieces (cant see the price at launch, since steamdb limits data to 2 years now). I'd imagine prices for ONI to be the same or slightly cheaper, given that ONI is in pure 2D, instead of 2.5D (no camera rotations etc., and no animations if we are talking about artworks, or furniture like beds).

Anyway, I think the bottom line for me is to not implement anything that is time limited, requires a constant login, or even worse, twitch. It is a good idea to support the devs if one is willing to, by shoving out a few bucks once in a while, but I am definitely NOT embracing the concept of "working" for "daily quests", or "having to do something to not miss out", just to enjoy a game that I (greatly) enjoyed for leisure.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:49 PM, Primalflower said:

@lubenja the supply closet is simply a work in progress. Based on previous statements by the devs describing how the system would function incredibly similarly to skins in DST, the supply crates are likely a temporary measure before an eventual implementation of getting skins periodically while playing, maybe daily drops too. I heavily doubt that supply crates / skins being primarily acquired via the klei accounts website is going to be the main way they go about things.

image.thumb.png.740196b07cc095cc559111129685324e.png

Now a counter for weekly drops has appeared for Oxygen Not Included on the Klei Account page as well. How to obtain them? Simply by playing the game for periods of time, like in Don't Starve Together? Is it still work in progress...? If anyone can shed a light on the details, please explain it further. Thank you. ^-^

2 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Now a counter for weekly drops has appeared for Oxygen Not Included on the Klei Account page as well. How to obtain them? Simply by playing the game for periods of time, like in Don't Starve Together? Is it still work in progress...? If anyone can shed a light on the details, please explain it further. Thank you. ^-^

My understanding is that by playing ONI you can earn one drop per around an hour, up to 3 per week. They can contain new or already owned items. That feature is currently in beta, should go live soon 

You are absolutely right. Not sure how I missed this. The changelog for update 548219 (beta) says: "Our first few batches of blueprints were released via redemption on the Klei Rewards website. In this update, we have one Klei Rewards crate up for grabs plus drops that are unlocked based on time spent playing the game".

In the beta there is a "Claim Blueprints" button under "Supply Closet". I will try my luck. Thanks for your input!

Archived