Does no one else have this issue?

Does no one else have issues with cave not saving properly? then eventually i get a dedicated server started to fail.

I have a steam cloud save. I'm on windows 11.

I used to not have this problem.

Now, i go into caves then the items i took into the cave arent in my inventory because i end up in the cave with a prior save data of my inventory.

Also i go down the cave entrance and end up in a random location in the cave. then i can never get back in the world.

i play days and see the saving thing on the right top yet when i exit the game the save slots are from when i entered the world. 

is no one else having this issue?

I remember having that problem a few years back, like the caves had 50 days before the surface with a totally different progress, but I never really understood the source of it, just suspected it could have been a mod or two that I was using, do you use any mod on your server ?

19 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

not a solution for your problem but i stopped using the cloud save because it might cause problems like losing worlds or progression.

I just copy the world folders in google drive every time i play a good amount of time

I literally didnt have this issue till i changed my pc and got windows 11. looks like i'll also be doing that. there is nothing out there about this issue.

it's random and inconsistent as to why or when it occurs

15 hours ago, ADM said:

I remember having that problem a few years back, like the caves had 50 days before the surface with a totally different progress, but I never really understood the source of it, just suspected it could have been a mod or two that I was using, do you use any mod on your server ?

i have one server mod which is gem core because i wanted the world i lost. client side i only have geometric, combined status, snapping till, and gesture wheel. i can't imagine these mods causing a sudden problem.

Archived