PLEASE Let Us Remove Krissures

JazzyGames

Hello from the future, Don't Starve Suggestions channel! Ok I know we don't have any content updates planned for Don't Starve and I know that this is very unlikely to be read by a developer BUT...

I am very much enjoying basing in the Volcano as of the Hotfix Beta that will let us worldhop without deleting secondary maps in linked worlds. The primary obstacle to basing in the volcano has been the random spawning of krissures. Since it is no longer possible to disable them by moving between shards they are now extremely hazardous for long-term base building. I don't mind not being able to build on the 2x2 unit area that they typically inhabit, I don't mind penning up all of my crop farms to ensure that strong winds don't blow flammable objects through a krissure, but the fact that each of these krissures requires at least a 5x5 unit clearance simply means you end up with a considerable percentage of volcano space that cannot contain any flammable builds or structures. To accomodate krissures essentially sacrifices the possibility of any large-scale symmetrical builds.

Would it be asking too much to add an item that permanently seals up krissures and give back that unbuildable area? I don't really mind if the cost comes in the form of obsidian or an equally expensive material, it would be worth it to have that flexibility with building, otherwise it would be a shame for us to finally get volcano building that's viable with worldhopping and not be able to build in a sizable portion of the biome.

Thank you so much for attending my TED talk in an abandoned forum channel, and have a great day!

Archived