Anyone having issues running DS/DST fullscreen in Windows 11?

Setting up a new system with Windows 11, placing the game into fullscreen mode enlarges the game so much that I can only see a quarter of the screen on my monitor. This is happening with both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together, and not an issue with any other game I have run on this system.

Both my system resolution and the game resolution are set to 1440p, but I have tried running fullscreen at other resolutions such as 1080p and 720p, same issue arising. It's almost like the game thinks that my monitor is the top-left display of a 2x2 monitor setup, that's how large the display is.

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: Figured out it's 100% a Windows 11 incompatibility. The fix is to run both programs in compatibility mode for Windows 8. That solved the issue immediately. Figured I'd keep this here in case other users run into the same issues.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:34 PM, . . . said:

honestly it's better to just stay with win10, win11 is pretty bad

Relevancy to this conversation aside, even if that may be true now it won't always be the case and it would probably behoove developers to ensure compatibility.

Archived