Issue with caves and inventory

Anyone else having an issue when entering or leaving cave and your inventory is turned back to things you had before interaction with cave?

What i had is gone and things i had before entering or leaving the cave is back in my inventory. 

So basically things are getting duplicated but any action done all registers.

For example, I go in or out of cave with a,b,c and leave with d,e, f but when i and in or out, i have a, b, c. the d, e, f are missing but actions regarding them have been registered as done.

I'm in a world with a friend. I'm the host. I'm the only encountering the problem. Doesn't always happen. It started a few days ago.

when i verify my game files, it gets okay for one time and then i get the same issue. 

My items are disappearing because they arent being saved i think? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

56 minutes ago, xEUx said:

Anyone else having an issue when entering or leaving cave and your inventory is turned back to things you had before interaction with cave?

What i had is gone and things i had before entering or leaving the cave is back in my inventory. 

So basically things are getting duplicated but any action done all registers.

For example, I go in or out of cave with a,b,c and leave with d,e, f but when i and in or out, i have a, b, c. the d, e, f are missing but actions regarding them have been registered as done.

I'm in a world with a friend. I'm the host. I'm the only encountering the problem. Doesn't always happen. It started a few days ago.

when i verify my game files, it gets okay for one time and then i get the same issue. 

My items are disappearing because they arent being saved i think? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Are they special items? Like the key to the atrium, hutch or something like that? If that's the case, it's because of game mechanics.

I did run into a bug like that, i think it may have happened due to a crash while caves were loading, or a crash while uploading the savefile to the cloud.

I had to ditch that world because the caves were loading a previous save each time i went down.

Not only did it affect items, it also changed my character to the one i was using previously.

You could try to remove caves and re-enable them or regenerating the shard

I ditched that world because I had a few farms set on my caves and couldn't be bothered to make em again.

7 hours ago, xEUx said:

nope, regular items.

Hmm... I've never had anything like this happen to me, but I suggest you try switching characters in the portal and going in, exiting the game so you have 5 saves at the same point, then rollback to the first save and see if the error continues... If the error continues, it is most likely that your world is loading the character offline and online, for which you lose objects...? If that's the case and you're the host, I don't understand how that could happen... Maybe you have a dedicated server? Maybe it would help if you put photos for reference

14 hours ago, Notecja said:

Maybe it's cloud save issue? I never use cloud save just because in other games it can delete all saves/reload older than in folders.

i fear it may be related to cloud save. it seems to be a save issue. the saving is unstable and irregular for me the host only tho.

each time i encounter this problem, the save isnt working right.

i even see the saving thing on the right top but when i leave the game and go back, nothing had saved and i had been playing for several in-game days

i just couldnt deal with losing my files after my pc broke unexpectedly and i lost my worlds. but cloud save isnt great..

18 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

I did run into a bug like that, i think it may have happened due to a crash while caves were loading, or a crash while uploading the savefile to the cloud.

I had to ditch that world because the caves were loading a previous save each time i went down.

Not only did it affect items, it also changed my character to the one i was using previously.

You could try to remove caves and re-enable them or regenerating the shard

I ditched that world because I had a few farms set on my caves and couldn't be bothered to make em again.

im not crashing or not loading tho. also only my inventory and map isnt saving. everything else is.

14 hours ago, Wonky656 said:

Hmm... I've never had anything like this happen to me, but I suggest you try switching characters in the portal and going in, exiting the game so you have 5 saves at the same point, then rollback to the first save and see if the error continues... If the error continues, it is most likely that your world is loading the character offline and online, for which you lose objects...? If that's the case and you're the host, I don't understand how that could happen... Maybe you have a dedicated server? Maybe it would help if you put photos for reference

ill try and see if i can get a ss the next time it happens. seems to be a save issue. altho, once i wrote c_save() and yet when i went out and checked the save slots, it wasnt saved...

3 hours ago, xEUx said:

ill try and see if i can get a ss the next time it happens. seems to be a save issue. altho, once i wrote c_save() and yet when i went out and checked the save slots, it wasnt saved...

If the internet is unstable, I recommend simply using local save, if you play often in the cloud with short connection outages, it is most likely that saving or entering/exiting caves will not save anything... If you are worried about backing up your data in a reliable way (data in the cloud is always lost when formatting pc or using another xd) make a copy of the "Klei" folder which is located in "Documents".

20 hours ago, Wonky656 said:

If the internet is unstable, I recommend simply using local save, if you play often in the cloud with short connection outages, it is most likely that saving or entering/exiting caves will not save anything... If you are worried about backing up your data in a reliable way (data in the cloud is always lost when formatting pc or using another xd) make a copy of the "Klei" folder which is located in "Documents".

ummm, im sure my connection is not unstable. also never had this problem before at all..

9 hours ago, xEUx said:

ummm, im sure my connection is not unstable. also never had this problem before at all...

If you didn't have it before, then most likely there was a change in the internet... If it's not that... To give ideas, open the game in 64bits or 32bits, clear cache and so on.

Archived