Animation cancelling by tapping movement key with predictive lag compensation?

I wanted to make this topic in the hopes of having it explained in case I am misunderstanding, but it seems you can now animation cancel attacks by just tapping the movement key? This only works with predictive compensation turned on as far as I know and really really just need someone better than me to confirm this is indeed now the case and hasn't always been the case.

13 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Why have I basically never seen it before? Just kinda unknown or because predictive used to be so bad?

quite the opposite since everyone uses this in reforged, it's just that having to play with lag comp on + tiring your fingers out + a negligible increase in dps unless you have an extremely optimized strategy make it a very poor choice for most people

10 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

quite the opposite since everyone uses this in reforged, it's just that having to play with lag comp on + tiring your fingers out + a negligible increase in dps unless you have an extremely optimized strategy make it a very poor choice for most people

I see I see, I guess perhaps i'm overvaluing it since this is regular gameplay as Weremoose? But regardless, thank you for answering my query!

Yep its kind of fun for some things its kind of like just being able to show off lol.  theres been lots of methods to do it as others have posted.

for some enemies can get an extra hit in you normally wouldn't Like can 2 hit tentacles while on a beef.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:43 PM, MadMatt said:

I wanted to make this topic in the hopes of having it explained in case I am misunderstanding, but it seems you can now animation cancel attacks by just tapping the movement key? This only works with predictive compensation turned on as far as I know and really really just need someone better than me to confirm this is indeed now the case and hasn't always been the case.

that's how players were doing DST WR speedruns for eternities, man.

this thing has been a thing since I started playing DST, and that's what was widely used in Forge to spam Healing and Meteor staves.

Archived