Power Creep and how to deal with it

I love that we get frequent updates to the game with new features, QoL and fixes.

And I love new buildings and story traits, giving us new options to deal with problems or improve our colonies.

But with growing number of options to help us, the game by definition becomes more and more easy, and with that - less challenging. Yet there are people who love challenge, and making things easier means "boring" for them...

So - why not to use Story Trait system to introduce some more challenging features of the game? We could have dangerous critter nest. Or you could introduce new disease, something really nasty, spawned by Story Trait. Or maybe source of deadly levels of radiation? Or any other challenge that would make the game a little harder for a change.

I understand you are hesitant to reintroduce deadly potential of diseases not to discourage new players, and that's why Story Traits are perfect for it! If a trait would be difficult or risky for new players, it could be not enabled by default. This way you could appeal to veteran players while making sure that new players won't be killed by Slimelung outbreak by accident

I use mods to make this game a living hell to play. Chlorine gas will kill your dupes quickly, chlorine liquid even faster. Sour gas is a chemical weapon so yeah makes things hard.

Also extra diseases and mutating diseases that makes your dupes really close to dying if you're not careful.

I also played with lights out but that mod is no longer updated and crashes the game.

Definitely set no charity pod and no teleports.

Archived