Really confused about conduction panel

I'm trying to figure out what to use the conduction panel for...I put it behind some metal tiles to cool my steam vent, but it seems like running radiant pipes is more effective than the conduction panel. What is it supposed to be used for? 

On 12/18/2022 at 12:49 AM, Unamso said:

Hmm, I just changed the pipe on the input and output to radiant pipes instead of insulated. Seems like it might have helped?

Radiant pipe is about 72 times more efficient than conduction panel. So, lone segment of radiant pipe is really helped, because radiant pipe cooling steam.

Read conduction panel description. It meant for cooling devices in vacuum et extreme temperatures. It is worst cooling possible, even worse than normal pipe or chlorine tile, but it works in situation there nothing else works

4 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Radiant pipe is about 72 times more efficient than conduction panel. So, lone segment of radiant pipe is really helped, because radiant pipe cooling steam.

Read conduction panel description. It meant for cooling devices in vacuum et extreme temperatures. It is worst cooling possible, even worse than normal pipe or chlorine tile, but it works in situation there nothing else works

I would strongly recommend you attempt to cool a light bulb with a conduction panel.

59 minutes ago, JRup said:

I would strongly recommend you attempt to cool a light bulb with a conduction panel.

To see what? I use panels to cool auto-sweepers in volcano tamers, they works fine. Worse than drop of naphtha, but without risks of mishap and with better freedom of placement

7 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

To see what? I use panels to cool auto-sweepers in volcano tamers, they works fine. Worse than drop of naphtha, but without risks of mishap and with better freedom of placement

I will just agree on that it cools only some buildings more so than others. It's not better suited for my use cases and that's ok too. I'll just stick to using a mod for the results I need though.

Archived