Firestaff/fire dart suggestion for combat - fire magic stacking

The idea is simple - let us use those things up to some amount of times like let's say 5 stacks of fire at the same time, it would do fire overtime and would cost you the firestaff or firedart to do so. It'll be a great use for the gems, both the staff and darts and overall new way to combat your fire non resistant foes with.

As a pair of ranged damage overtime weapons they're super underwhelming currently, and apparently FIRE DARTS supposed to do 120 damage against enemies BUT - we tested and against bee queen and I was told it did 38 or sommething damage. WOW sad. Might be a bug or something? Cause firestaff did 81 or so.

SO... I suggest you Klei to make firestaff and fire darts more decent of weapon and add firestacking to them. Both items are somewhat costly to their preparations and they're much more common lategame. Both weapons are volatile in nature and I feel like they should be extra volatile in battle too.

fire darts aren't supposed to do 120 damage, that was some made up figure someone put on the wiki for some reason

different mobs have different values for how much fire damage they take, and from my testing fire staves do twice the fire dps of darts and torches so there isn't one consistent number for how much damage they deal

they just suck really bad

Archived