A fix for mods deleting themselves from your mod list

Hi, so alot of you guys may have had the problem where some mods were deleting themselves from your mod folder for some reason this morning.

To fix this what you want to do is:

1. Go in your mods and try to unsubscribe/subscribe to a mod. Then go back to your list of mods and see if it downloads all your missing mods back. It should download them back, (Don't click "Back", or "Apply" when they download back)

2. Go in File explorer,  Local Disk -> Program Files(x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Don't Starve Together -> mods

3. select all files that have "workshop- (numbers)" Those are all the installed mods you have currently

4. Right click them and press "Properties"

5. Search for "Attributes" and select "Read Only". This prevents DST from deleting all your mods again.

6. Click "Apply" and your mods shouldn't get deleted again.

If your mod files are set to read only and they still are deleteing themselves, I think you may be running DST in administrator mode so they bypass the read only. Not completely sure though.

Source:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/mod-download-but-immediate-disappeared-in-the-mod-list-r37583/?tab=comments#comment-56410

In short summary, the guy found that the mods that had compressed bin folders were being uninstalled for some reason, probably some steam workshop changes are causing this.

My mods delete themselves too fast for me to be able to change their attributes. Is there a way I can slow it down?

I try subcribing to a mod, and I have my File explorer,  Local Disk -> Program Files(x86) -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Don't Starve Together -> mods        Folder Open. I see the workshop-(idnumber) folders appear, but as I right click and hit properties, they delete themselves faster than I can change them to Read Only.  Idk what to do. Is there anything else I can do?

I got some questions to those affected.

What OS you running? Is your Steam in beta or stable build?

Cause i feel (gladly) left out and i have 0 issues with DST mods (both server and client ones tho i just tested few so far)

Archived