Walter buff: Slingshot for Big Woby

Alot of discussions have been made to buff Walter's slingshot in some shape or form.

And lads, oh boy have i got the perfect crazy but balanced solution to buff range combat in mind.

A giant catapult/slingshot that is carried like a heavy object (like statues) that if carried onto woby allows Walter to fire big slingshot rounds.

These big rounds would be crafted like the small rounds however 1 gold nugget would give 3 big pellets instead of 10 small pellets. These big pellets would do 3 times the damage of small pellets with the same fire rate as regular slingshot and catapult holds a full stack of 30 big pellets.

Only useable on woby with the catapult taking up both hand slot an body slot, would make woby useful in the end game for walter while also making the range combat balanced (if you get hit you could die when woby bucks you).

Make it an alchemy engine craft requiring slingshot, 10boards and 15rope.

• Thulecite big rounds would 100% spawn tentacle with 50% to spawn a second.
  • Big Ice rounds 3 times stronger with AoE.
  • Big slow down rounds slow enemy attack speed 30% along with movement speed.
  • Big poop rounds have AoE.

Not gonna lie, pretty proud of this mad idea! What you lads think?

7 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Cannon balls are a thing already so big bullets wouldn't be a crazy idea but i doubt that people would want a catapult that can be only used by walter. The effects sound a bit too strong with all the aoe.

Well small AoE maybe same radius as gunpowder. Its just a bigger version of the small slingshot in function but you need to use it on Woby. Its both a buff to Woby and of the slingshot itself. I feel like if you buff only the slingshot, woby will be replaced late game by a beefalo.

Woby is such a huge part of Walters identity as a character i don't want her overshadowed by any slingshot buff.

Edit: only big ice rounds and big poop rounds would have AoE not the regular damage rounds or big slow down round.

27 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

1 gold nugget would give 3 big pellets instead of 10 small pellets.

i think resources are easly gathered,
in an example 1 gold to 2 Big pellets instead of 10 mall pellets

28 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Big slow down rounds slow enemy attack speed 30% along with movement speed.

better would be an esc type wickerbottom ground, not atk speed, or the atk speed debuff only applies to mobs not bosses

28 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Big Ice rounds 3 times stronger with AoE.

those ice rounds would make damage based on what type of round? Because 3x 0 is still 0 or you mean stronger freeze

25 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

Walter NEEDS a buff!

Agreed. His slingshot needs to be more consistent, it's far worse than melee weapons in most senarios. The DPS for the slingshot is worse than the spear at almost all stages of the game, even with marble and potentially thulecite. For Walter's later game progression to be debatably worse than a weapon that all characters can get from almost day 1, inspite of the range advantage, really shows that the weapon needs revisiting. Doing bosses with the slingshot is usually cheesey and always takes forever due to the slow fire rate on top of adapting the fight itself. Saying that the damage is fine since he's a ranged support character doesn't really work for me since he can do far more damage with melee weapons with a bit more risk, so Walter may be lowering the overall DPS by using his slingshot, and his gimmick rounds don't really have enough use to make sitting on the sidelines more effective than charging in head on. He's not useless, but he has so much more potential as character. Klei should really consider a rework. 

41 minutes ago, benfroyobro9381 said:

Agreed. His slingshot needs to be more consistent, it's far worse than melee weapons in most senarios. The DPS for the slingshot is worse than the spear at almost all stages of the game, even with marble and potentially thulecite. For Walter's later game progression to be debatably worse than a weapon that all characters can get from almost day 1, inspite of the range advantage, really shows that the weapon needs revisiting. Doing bosses with the slingshot is usually cheesey and always takes forever due to the slow fire rate on top of adapting the fight itself. Saying that the damage is fine since he's a ranged support character doesn't really work for me since he can do far more damage with melee weapons with a bit more risk, so Walter may be lowering the overall DPS by using his slingshot, and his gimmick rounds don't really have enough use to make sitting on the sidelines more effective than charging in head on. He's not useless, but he has so much more potential as character. Klei should really consider a rework. 

Honestly considering bosses tend to melt when groups attack them sitting back and pelting them with slingshots is worse in just about every other scenario even his crowd control rounds don't really have a payoff in team play except maybe slowdown rounds.

Archived