Let's talk about nerf.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

I was going to agree with this take but when you really stop to think about it doing so just mitigates one downside abit for another unmounted he's slower so you get a smaller kite window unless you plan to facetank and food spam and mounted on Woby you sacrifce dps since the slingshot is low damage.

Well it applies to thulecite suit with pinecone hat also. The sanity lost isn't as bad as people make it out to be especially if you use any body armour with pinecone hat. 

Nice thing about Walter's downside is, its cancelled out completely by player skill.... better you are at kiting, the less the downside effects you. Unlike Warly or wurt or wigfrid for food.

Or wendy/wes with permanent 25% damage penality that sticks forever no matter how good your kiting is. Forcing you to tame an ornery beefalo to get normal damage numbers for certain mobs like shadows and AoE bosses. Ornery beefalo comes with its own downside of having to constantly feed it too.

Walter hasn't got it that bad at all. Altho New maxwell having better inventory than woby with everything else hes got in his shadow arsenal might make me switch mains. 

I don't know why people are so impressed with this nerf, I didn't even consider prison being something strong because I knew it would definitely be nerfed, it didn't even make sense to consider it to discuss the other qualities of the character lol

4 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Name me character with "real" downsides. 

Wormwood: Can't heal off of food, thus has to rely on healing items and fertalizer

Warly: Diminishing returns on food, meaning you have to invest a lot more into both healing and sanity for extended fights. 

Wortox: Half of all stats from mortal food. 

Wigfrid: Can only eat meat and goodies, meaning no mushrooms, farm crops, ect.

Webber: Monster; Can't befriend pigs. While spiders are just as; if not better for combat, there are still things they can't do that pigs/bunnies can. Mainly chopping trees. 

Wanda: Healing is completely limited to what's effectively a healing salve with a 2 minute cooldown. 

On 11/15/2022 at 7:29 AM, Hyperpsychic said:

Maxwell rework was the most expected moment from this game for me, now it's ruined because DST players thinks the game is a Dark Souls game and a lot of people that never played or liked the character loves to give the worst suggestions, I already lost all the enthusiasm so whatever.

same here, the only thing i'm looking forward to is the animation now

Archived