High risk high reward idea

Current Maxwell's gear set bothers me. Before fuelweaver Maxwell is seriously weak and after he is kinda sad. All 3 of the best shadow items are obtained at once by defeating what I think is the final boss. Bone helmet pretty much removes any risk Maxwell had because spells have no consequences, thurible encourages you to not fight, and bone armor is arguably the best armor. You just stand there and cast spells unbothered and the damage isn't even all that good.

Here is a change I propose:
Magic top hat and nightmare amulet should also be tier 4 shadow items.
Tier 4 items have a special synergy that doubles their power when they are combined.
What I mean by that is - if you equip magic hat you get +16 damage (total of 36). But if you equip magic hat (+16) and a nightmare amulet (+16) they'll buff each other causing each to add 32 damage instead (for a total of 84 damage).
Thurible will also add 32 when thrown into the mix for a total of 116 damage.
Don't freak out about those numbers however, as each of tier 4 items has a serious downside of essentially wasting your equipment slot, taking away your armor, weapon and on top of that causing shadow creatures to double.
Unlimited power... for a price.

Side notes:

Maxwell's powers need visual clues. For example they could loose saturation when he is out of buffing range. And depending on their damage they can make different sounds when hitting an enemy and have some sparks or something (like Wanda).
And if my idea isn't trash, adding sound clue to equipping multiple tier 4 items is also needed.

It's been a serious issue for a while now - you cant fight with bone helmet on because auto attack targets neutral shadows. Please fix it, shadows are not hostile. Recognize them as followers.

Nightmare amule is in need of buff as people said. 2 gems make no sence and amulets runs out rather quickly.

14 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

eutral shadows. Please fix it, shadows are not hostile

So true. Much needed QoL addition.

Your whole idea sounds intresting and balanced. A glass cannon but actually fragile this time

Maxwell's powers need visual clues

Or he would say something once hes out of range. "Their inspiration fails" or somth.

Nightmare amule is in need of buff as people said. 2 gems make no sence and amulets runs out rather quickly.

Perhaps make it refueable. Maxwell always have some spare fuel and besides, some amulets already got updated and now are refuable

It's been a serious issue for a while now - you cant fight with bone helmet on because auto attack targets neutral shadows. Please fix it, shadows are not hostile

Thissss thissss

i agree that higher tier items should generally be the harder to use options.

before the last patch a maxwell would need to decide if they wanted extra damage from night armor (at the cost of going insane easily) or he could choose bone armor, which acts as total invincibility against many bosses.

with the fuelweaver drops being the highest tier item theres never any decision a player would need to make, bone armor is simply the best at what it does with no competition. So if you make a previously garbage item (like nightmare amulet) give a lot of extra damage, it would bring back that old risk vs reward factor which is something maxwell seems to be fundamentally built on.

1 hour ago, NoodlemanNed said:

我同意更高级别的项目通常应该是更难使用的选项。

在最后一个补丁之前,麦克斯韦需要决定他们是否想要夜间盔甲的额外伤害(以容易发疯为代价)或者他可以选择骨盔甲,这对许多老板来说是完全无敌的。

由于燃料编织器掉落物是最高等级的物品,因此玩家永远不需要做出任何决定,骨盔甲在没有竞争的情况下是最好的。因此,如果您让以前的垃圾物品(例如噩梦护身符)造成大量额外伤害,它将带回旧的风险与回报因素,而麦克斯韦似乎从根本上建立了这种因素。

Quite right

Comfort and power should not be obtained at the same time

Otherwise, why do you want to try this character with low HP

I have posted a post on this issue before

3 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Maxwell's powers need visual clues.

I think it would also be cool if when equipping magic items with different shadow levels, the HUD of the "duelist summon" also changed, this would help new players more easily see how one or another piece of equipment affects
for their fighters. It also gave an understanding throughout the game how well you are armed for a more "serious summon".

Archived