Fire Nettle Soup

Nettle soup is a thing and fire nettles r the only harvestable weed that doesnt have a crock/craft recipe.

Could be a dragon chili salad alternative but lasting like 2.5 minutes instead of 5 and causing overheating outside of winter or whatever. 

this should heat up wormwood too since the leaves on their own dont currently which is unfortunate. 

Fire nettles are kind of a pain to farm. I'm probably one of the few players who has done so, and they are much better on their own than the recipe that you describe. They slowly increase your temperature all the way to 60 degrees, which that's all free time that you're not freezing as compared to hitting 60 degrees instantly. They spoil somewhat fast but in winter they still last almost four days which is plenty. And they don't bolt like forget-me-lots do, so once you manage to farm them, they last forever and can be harvested at any time.

I recommend creating a 2x2 plot with a digamajig, tilling all the soil and planting some random seeds. The Lord of Fruit Flies is the most reliable method. Whatever plants they are, let them rot. Then harvesting each rotten plant has a 5% chance of spawning the fruit fly boss. The small fruit flies will then spawn weeds at tilled farm soil. Dig up all the undesirable weeds, take down the boss and let the fire nettles spread. They regrow every 2-3 days and will slowly spread over time to tilled soil. In winter they are far superior to a thermal stone from my experience.

I have a bundle of fire nettles sitting in one of my chests in my current world which i use during winter with a  hibearnation vest on. I know how to propagate them and what they can do. 

Numbers, recipe, effect etc r for klei to decide with warly’s unique dish in mind. 

A more effective, longer lasting warming dish made from fire nettles does sound like a good idea. Always did kinda irk me that Wormwood couldn't use them to keep warm in winter like everyone else. While it makes sense for them to not attack Wormwood like most other plants, I fail to see any sense in him not being able to eat them to induce the effect.

What's not pictured is a group of fire nettles below on the left, and tillweed on the right.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 4.24.35 PM (2).png

Tbh I think gameplay implications outweigh any made up lore reason why wormwood should be immune to the beneficial heating ability of the nettles. 

after they giga nerfed fire nettles ANYONE can pick them without getting stung and the “attack” range of the plant itself has been made super small too, to the point where u intentionally have to run on top of them to get stung. 

so Wormwood’s immunity to their sting has completely become a downside which is just absurd. 

Some fire nettles in ur inventory and insulation gear is a very fun/novel way to deal with winter but one which is not available to wormwood when it doesnt have to be that way. 

Making it so he cant overheat from the nettles to the point of taking damage is a much better way of handling this perk. 

Archived