Recepy coupons are an incredible addition for begginers but they need some tweaking

Dont know about you but i learnt all the recepys on guides on you tube, i couldnt be happier there is now an in game mechanic that let us learnt them.

My only problem with it tho is as other user mentioned that the coupons ask for random vegys as filler, i personally think that if the coupons are meant to show an example of the recepy they should either show the most accesible option (twigs berrys or mushrooms) or indicate which ingridients are indispensable, maybe hilighting those in another color.

And on a side note, it will be cool if the there was a way to get the coupons outside random setpieces and niche places like tombstone or sunken chests, pearl could sell us the recepys for barnacles or fish dishes, lord of the fruit flys drop the vegetarian recepys etc. 

Dont think i have to mention that please dont make raid bosses drop coupons, this is meant for new players dont make bee queen tell us how to make taffy or crab king revealing fishsticks are a thing.

Again thank you so much klei for this update, some of the changes were really needed and all the aditions have been spectacular, looking forward to see how it develops.

What's a recepy?

EDIT: Ah, you mean cooking recipes

Yeah, I also like the idea of having the minimum viable set of ingredients on the recipe.

This feels similar to the gardener hat research system, but for cooking now.

Haven't tested yet that system in the beta. Does anyone know how it works? Does it add a recipe to your cookbook?

24 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Does anyone know how it works? Does it add a recipe to your cookbook?

When you examine the item it just tells you name of crockpot dish and list of ingredients to put in crockpot
image.png.e49a354912e84366d491884e3cf29aa3.png

It looks like there are recipes for some of the crockpot dishes and they are hard baked into code (so theyre not dynamic). Here's the list of all of them

Spoiler
	butterflymuffin =		card_def =  ingredients =   "butterflywings", 1 ,  "carrot", 2 ,  "berries", 1    ,
	frogglebunwich =		card_def =  ingredients =   "froglegs", 1 ,  "red_cap", 2 ,  "carrot", 1    ,
	taffy =		            card_def =  ingredients =   "honey", 3 ,  "berries", 1    ,
	pumpkincookie =			card_def =  ingredients =   "pumpkin", 1 ,  "honey", 2 ,  "berries", 1    ,
	stuffedeggplant =		card_def =  ingredients =   "eggplant", 1 ,  "potato", 1 ,  "onion", 1 ,  "garlic", 1    ,
	fishsticks =		card_def =  ingredients =   "fishmeat_small", 3 ,  "twigs", 1    ,
	honeynuggets =		card_def =  ingredients =   "honey", 2 ,  "smallmeat", 2    ,
	honeyham =		card_def =  ingredients =   "honey", 2 ,  "meat", 2    ,
	dragonpie =		card_def =  ingredients =   "dragonfruit", 2 ,  "potato", 2 ,   "pepper", 1    ,
	kabobs =		card_def =  ingredients =   "meat", 1 ,  "onion", 1 ,  "eggplant", 1 ,   "twigs", 1    ,	
	mandrakesoup =
	baconeggs =
	meatballs =
	bonestew =
	perogies =
	turkeydinner =		card_def =  ingredients =   "drumstick", 2 ,  "meat", 1 ,  "berries", 1    ,
	ratatouille =
	jammypreserves =
	fruitmedley =
	fishtacos =		card_def =  ingredients =   "fishmeat_small", 2 ,  "corn", 1 ,  "onion", 1    ,
	waffles =
	monsterlasagna =
	powcake =		card_def =  ingredients =   "honey", 1 ,  "corn", 1 ,  "twigs", 2    ,
	unagi =
	wetgoop =
	flowersalad =
	icecream =
	watermelonicle =
	trailmix =		card_def =  ingredients =   "acorn_cooked", 2 ,  "berries", 2    ,
	hotchili =		card_def =  ingredients =   "meat", 2 ,  "tomato", 1 ,  "pepper", 1    ,
	guacamole =		card_def =  ingredients =   "mole", 1 ,  "rock_avocado_fruit_ripe", 2 ,  "corn", 1    ,
	jellybean =
    potatotornado =
    mashedpotatoes =
    asparagussoup = 	card_def =  ingredients =   "asparagus", 2 ,  "potato", 1 ,  "onion", 1    ,
	vegstinger =
	bananapop =		card_def =  ingredients =   "cave_banana", 1 ,  "ice", 2 ,  "twigs", 1    ,	
    frozenbananadaiquiri =
    bananajuice =
	ceviche =
	salsa =
	pepperpopper =		card_def =  ingredients =   "pepper", 1 ,  "smallmeat", 2 ,  "potato", 1    ,	 
	californiaroll =		card_def =  ingredients =   "kelp", 2 ,  "fishmeat_small", 2    ,
	seafoodgumbo =	
	surfnturf =
    lobsterbisque =
    lobsterdinner =
    barnaclepita =
    barnaclesushi =		card_def =  ingredients =   "barnacle", 1 ,  "kelp", 2 ,  "bird_egg", 1    ,     
    barnaclinguine =     
    barnaclestuffedfishhead =		card_def =  ingredients =   "barnacle", 1 ,  "fishmeat_small", 2 ,  "potato", 1    ,
    leafloaf =
    leafymeatburger =
    leafymeatsouffle =
    meatysalad =		card_def =  ingredients =   "plantmeat", 1 ,  "tomato", 2 ,  "carrot", 1    ,
	shroomcake =
    sweettea =    card_def =  ingredients =   "forgetmelots", 1 ,  "honey", 1 ,  "ice", 2    ,
	koalefig_trunk =
	figatoni =
	figkabab =		card_def =  ingredients =   "fig", 1 ,  "twigs", 1 ,  "smallmeat", 2    ,
	frognewton =
    bunnystew =		card_def =  ingredients =   "smallmeat", 1 ,  "ice", 2 ,  "tomato", 1    ,
	justeggs = 
	veggieomlet = 
	talleggs = 
	beefalofeed = 	card_def =  ingredients =   "twigs", 3 ,  "acorn", 1    ,	
	beefalotreat = 

The recipes are nowhere near being the best or cheapest, they're just example that yields the dish without considering efficiency

not really, for example peper pogers coupon says it requieres a potato, so a new player will have to wait for an extra vegy to grow just to realise it was a waste, since doing it this way only gives you 10 extra health from eating the potato coocked.

I think the coupons should show the cheapest way to make the dish or make very clear wich ingridient is the filler

i see your point but taking into account there isnt a way for players to know there are other ways to cook the dish i think it can be missleading.

Still i wouldnt be opposed of coupons showing dfferent ways to cook the same dish and players been the ones who find the most optimal way to do it.

Archived