Need help adapting character mod to Single Player

AretMaw

I opened a page for this earlier this year but I'm having some issues still.

This is currently what my modinfo.lua looks like. I've saved this and put the mod folder into the Don't Starve Mod folder. I can enable the mod in the mod menu when i open the game, but the character won't show up on the selection screen. Any tips on how I can fix this? Cheers.

image.thumb.png.218c5eb629d64009654ef1f76938305b.png

Here's the mod folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IdCMtd__oe4PEKpIK6_dKrvZ1RGKhpbB?usp=sharing

And proof that it already works on DST https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1655943117

13 hours ago, Somnei said:

Have you tried looking at other character mods for Don't Starve to see if there's anything your own might be missing?

I don't know that much about custom characters, I'm afraid, but that's where I'd start!

I can try that, thanks! Does anyone know how I can go about extracting those files? I assume i would just subscribe to one and find the modinfo.lua in the mod folder with no issues? I'm not a coder so hopefully i can figure something out

1 hour ago, AretMaw said:

I can try that, thanks! Does anyone know how I can go about extracting those files? I assume i would just subscribe to one and find the modinfo.lua in the mod folder with no issues? I'm not a coder so hopefully i can figure something out

Yes, simply subscribe to a mod and you'll be able to look at the files in your mod folder. After you have subscribed to a mod, make sure to boot the game and enter the mod menu for it to be downloaded.

After that it's just a matter of finding the correct directory within your mods folder. Look at the url of the workshop item to find its workshop ID, which is what the folder is named after.

On 9/15/2022 at 12:49 AM, Somnei said:

Yes, simply subscribe to a mod and you'll be able to look at the files in your mod folder. After you have subscribed to a mod, make sure to boot the game and enter the mod menu for it to be downloaded.

After that it's just a matter of finding the correct directory within your mods folder. Look at the url of the workshop item to find its workshop ID, which is what the folder is named after.

Thankyou so much for the help, I'll see how I go with that ^v^

Thanks for the help guys but i've been told it requires a whole recode, so now I am requiring someone to do that for me. I'm willing to pay someone to recode my character into single player, so if anyone knows how to do that, please contact me and I can pay via paypal or supply art.

Archived