Any tips, tricks or workaround for oil reservoir in other asteroids?

4 hours ago, zealyahweh said:

For the litte drip on cells of interest, Tranoze hope this trick can keep nature gas on 10C while oil well is running but it won't really work. super coolant need to be very cold to keep nature gas on 10C (in fact it is not possible) and the water will freeze in that case.

oh natural gas will be about 170C~190C (not 10C) instead of 300C if you use drip, and when i tested my super coolant is -250C, my input water is 40C, and the input water never go below 5C.
Unless you use 0C water as input, using stuff like plastic tile will slowdown transition between pharse 1 (running) and pharse 2(freezing).

8 hours ago, zealyahweh said:

For the litte drip on cells of interest, Tranoze hope this trick can keep nature gas on 10C while oil well is running but it won't really work. super coolant need to be very cold to keep nature gas on 10C (in fact it is not possible) and the water will freeze in that case.

I've been doing testing with my "default" of 95 C well feed water representing Water Geyser/CSV and with a supercoolant drop (and plastic tile) the water inside the Oil Well ends up at like 66 C as long as its continuously being consumed and replaced. Some preliminary testing indicates that 20 C water is too cold and will freeze but 22 C is warm enough to not freeze, with a little wiggle around the exact supercoolant temperature being maintained. 30 C should certainly be more than warm enough.

3 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Unless you use 0C water as input, using stuff like plastic tile will slowdown transition between pharse 1 (running) and pharse 2(freezing).

Using a plastic tile mainly serves to reduce "parasitic" energy drain by cooling the water less, though if you use a supercoolant drop it rapidly cools the water anyway and supercoolant basically provides limitless nearly free cooling and the water freezes in seconds whether you use plastic or something more conductive so it really makes little difference. If you aren't using a supercoolant drop (e.g. Hydrogen Regulator build) then the additional time to freeze the water is pretty negligible on top of the ~13 cycles period of the build and it's probably worth not paying the cooling bill for cooling water since a single Regulator is slightly underpowered (but not really underpowered enough to justify 2 Regulators) and so doing less cooling on the water will allow more cooling on the natural gas and is probably a small net win in terms of output despite taking longer to freeze the water.

Archived