More algae from slime

I would really like for algae terrariums to be more viable option for oxygen production. It takes way more work to set it up, takes more space and requires some manual labor but the bottleneck is always algae production. Right now 600g of slime turns into to 200g of algae and 400 polluted water and that is abysmally small amount to sustain any decent colony. I think we got enough ways to produce PW so i would suggest to turn these ratios around with 400g of algea and 200g of PW ( I would even go as far as 500/100 )

think you are talking for mod request, which add new type of building.

Idea is something like - 50 kg of dirt, 50kg of polluted water, result it produce slime. 

May be it even should not consume energy, or "require light".

14 hours ago, ZenTea said:

if you make slime easy to make that will mess the whole food balance since you can grow mushrooms

It is not a problem, because currently you may build shove volley farm, which require nothing, and give 20000 calories barbeque from each critter 

13 hours ago, Sanchozz said:

Or let the Terrarium produce slime by-product.

good idea

After some more thinking even if whole mass of slime turn to algae its still lacking. The only real solution is reworking whole algae distillery. Best choice would be add second element to add more mass to the whole process so we could get more algae. My three best choices would be: phosphorite, salt or polluted dirt.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:26 PM, ZenTea said:

The only real solution is reworking whole algae distillery. Best choice would be add second element to add more mass to the whole process so we could get more algae. My three best choices would be: phosphorite, salt or polluted dirt.

How about adding extra water to the process so instead of producing water it would consume some. But then we would have to change the name to something like algae bioreactor.

11 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

How about adding extra water to the process so instead of producing water it would consume some. But then we would have to change the name to something like algae bioreactor.

This would be actually more realistic way of making algae. They need either clean or salt water to grow, also you would need phosphorite to accelerate process ( They need to feed on something to grow )

Archived