Which Platforms?

Chrome is a web browser and Linux/GNU is a OS, so keep these two things apart. ^^

And Steam says:

So if you could install Chrome then DO IT! ^^ I dont know another way hehe.

And one does not simply have "Linux" XD

I hope you can play Soon :)

But i dont know if Don't Starve supports Linux.. its at alpha..

Chrome is a web browser and Linux/GNU is a OS, so keep these two things apart. ^^

I know, but I don't know if Don't Starve is a pure Chrome-Game or if it also works as a stand-alone as Minecraft kind of does. (Of course you still need a shitty JRE)

And Steam says:

Well, this sucks, but I don't like Steam either because of its DRM culture. I'd buy it via Humble Store or do I only get a Steam-Key when I buy it this way?

So if you could install Chrome then DO IT! ^^ I dont know another way hehe.

Damn, but thanks for your answer.

And one does not simply have "Linux" XD

No, just Linux is senseless. This is why I wrote GNU/Linux.

But i dont know if Don't Starve supports Linux.. its at alpha..

The problem is that the price will be this low for a long time.

If you buy the game through the humble story you get two chrome keys and two steam keys, it's actually a better deal then buying it through steam.

Thanks, so it seems I have to choose the lesser of two evils. :(

Does anyone know if it works with Chromium, a fully free alternative to Chrome, too?

Hmm but what is you're goal to use Linux/GNU?

I mean.. if you want to play games, you should take Mac/Windows (better Windows)

Otherwise you will always have those problems :C

You could also buy that game on Chrome, i mean it's just 11$ and for a great company :D

But before you do that, try some other free games on Chrome. Just to be a little bit sure, that it could work ;)

I searched trough the internez, but i couldn'd find the confirmation that we are looking for..

You sir, are one of the first humans, who can test this awesome game on linux! :D gogo! haha

Or just wait for Kevin or someone from the developer, they can tell you what works and what not ^^

Hmm but what is you're goal to use Linux/GNU?

I mean.. if you want to play games, you should take Mac/Windows (better Windows)

Otherwise you will always have those problems :C

I think that software should be free in general. (free as in free speech not as in free beer)

Unfortunately nearly all games are proprietary, but I develop free games (actually a free game engine at the moment) in my free time.

But you are wrong when you say there were no good games for GNU/Linux. Actually all my favourite games, except The Witcher (2), are available for GNU/Linux. Examples are: Aquaria, Trine (2), Super Meat Boy, etc.

I think that Apple products and Microsoft products are pretty ugly. They make software just for money and don't care about the user. It's not possible to share or modify the software legally. I have no control over a Winshit system, but using Gentoo everything is how I want it to be because I have control over really everything, except little proprietary programs that are still necessary because most software companies consist of assholes who just care about their money.

Well, i didn't say there are no good games, i said there will be always some trouble to play games. :)

And thats a fact, mac and windows will be always the leaders. Linux and stuff is another story :)

I also don't like windows especially mac but i dont have any problems to play my games how i want. So i do not need something else. But in the big world there are some people who think that linux() would be better etc. i don't know if that is really true. But if they use it, they have always to deal with these problems, especially at the beginning of a new product.

And it wouldn't be a great idea if the software would be free. You can't "making a game" compare with "create a OS" it's much harder work and those people also need money.

If you live on this planet, you should know one little sentence: Nothing in this world is for free.

you always "pay" for someting :)

You have 4 options: try it with chrome, wait until responce from Klei Entertainment, do nothing or just changer your OS.

Thats alot :) I press you my thumbs!