So food or healing items?

Why most of food restores big amount of health? its quite unlogic - also this kills healing items sence like bandages cause u can just make food easier and take about 20-30 crockpot food - the food restors hunger and sanity stats + even restores health / while bandages just heal ur HP bar -__-  (will food and healing items be seperate from each other so there would be sence to make bandages and healing a bit harder

Or if someone does not like this - good alternative - food will restore health ( but need it degrease) food will give u health points after some time after u ate food for example u will need to wait some minutes while food digests in stomach - after this u will have regeneration from food but slow - not like now 

write what u think!

If I was designing the game again from scratch then I would probably assign more healing over time buffs to foods (which don’t stack). The game has a ton, ton of crockpot recipes and the more exotic ones are often not worth it because things like pierogies are so good. The more exotic ones could give great health boosts like 40 HP per serving, instantly.

Then Warly could also contribute to more healing with Warly-only recipes (salt seasoning doesn’t seem worth it) instead of giving silly buffs like frog legs+fish = wetness immunity (I mean it is cool and all but thematically I don’t like it).

But I’m too spoiled by pierogies to want all of that in the current game.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:17 AM, abrocator said:

If I was designing the game again from scratch then I would probably assign more healing over time buffs to foods (which don’t stack). The game has a ton, ton of crockpot recipes and the more exotic ones are often not worth it because things like pierogies are so good. The more exotic ones could give great health boosts like 40 HP per serving, instantly.

Then Warly could also contribute to more healing with Warly-only recipes (salt seasoning doesn’t seem worth it) instead of giving silly buffs like frog legs+fish = wetness immunity (I mean it is cool and all but thematically I don’t like it).

But I’m too spoiled by pierogies to want all of that in the current game.

cool :D i agree

On 8/13/2022 at 1:01 AM, Just-guy said:

Healing Items are ok as they are, they don't spoil and that's their upside over Food for healing.

Nope bandages and etcs still losse )) their recipe is not cheap + u can make food healing items far faster than them (my opinion)

healing salves are probably the cheapest healing option available after butterfly wings really, especially after you get a spider+bunnymen farm.

honey poultices are also easy to mass produce after you visit monkey island and grab some monkeytails, then plant them near bee boxes.

Healing items have their uses, just that people tend not to care about them. I do and I find them pretty great. Just sad that it's also incredibly easy to setup Pierogi ingredients right near your base. Lureplants+birb+kelp=pierogi already.

34 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

healing salves are probably the cheapest healing option available after butterfly wings really, especially after you get a spider+bunnymen farm.

honey poultices are also easy to mass produce after you visit monkey island and grab some monkeytails, then plant them near bee boxes.

Healing items have their uses, just that people tend not to care about them. I do and I find them pretty great. Just sad that it's also incredibly easy to setup Pierogi ingredients right near your base. Lureplants+birb+kelp=pierogi already.

Thx for answers

Really itsz idiotic , food and healing items must be seperate from each other , so like food will give hp after some minute while food degists in stomach (in game example) - what we actuale see in real life - you needd to eat food to get minerals - even u need to eat proteins and after time body will use protein to regenerate damaged parts of itself wich is logic dont i? i know its game and real life and game are different from each other, but game is too eazy thats why i dont play vanilla DST anymore, i play on medium hardness RP world for myself for example with realisting fire set, normall logic walls with 95% dmg resistance , wall gates, uncompromising mod, and etc

Archived