Need help for stacked Slickster farm dropper

I am a bit at a loss here. I like stacked farming setups because they make population control easier. This is my first attempt at a stacked Slickster farm, and I seem to fail at it. Either Slickster are special or I am missing something obvious (please tell me I am missing something). I have tried both pneumatic doors and mechanized airlooks in all directions, yet the larva always lands on the top floor, regardless if the door is open or not.

image.thumb.png.48c2c10982d48731f64927a3e1f5a455.png

How do I get that Larva not landing on the top floor despite the open door ... but falling further down?

I ended up building this and it should be dupe-proof, ie can deal with accidental drops during critter relocation. But I really would like to not use drop-offs (because labour) while maintaining a compact build.

The automation is setup so that the drowning chamber is only "open" if all staples are full. Also the left part of the build is in vacuum so that the Larvas don't produce oil. Especially later once it's hot enough in there I don't want molten Slickster larvas break stuff.

image.thumb.png.7a0c2cd731ddc66d71ac8b2b05ec1934.png

On 7/31/2022 at 4:43 PM, sirloxley said:

the larva always lands on the top floor, regardless if the door is open or not.

I'd consider this a bug, really.  I know I've used droppers for stacked slickster farms in the past (pre-merge down).  You should make a bug report.

Archived