[Suggestion] About Fencing Sword That Can Riposting Fences And Wood Gates

It's a new item. To provide the context, here is the detail of the item

Spoiler

Fencing sword recipe: spear + 2 flint

- damage: 34 (same as spear)

- 200 uses (compared to spear with 150 uses)

- attack speed: 0.7 seconds per attack (slower than melee weapon of 0.45 second and whips of 0.5 second per attack)

- it can rotate existing fences and gates

- It's not a good weapon. Its damage output is about 28% more than a walking cane. But it's fine, because it's not designed as a weapon at its core.

- It can be used as a decoration tool. It has 200 uses. But I think 200 uses are not enough as a decor tool, especially because rotating a single fence requires up to 7 sweeps. It should be made like Clean Sweeper, with super low damage and unlimited use.

So there is my suggestion:

1. Make it less of a weapon, more as a tool.

1.1 Reduce damage from 34 to 17 (same as walking cane)

1.2 keep the attack speed slow as before (final attack damage output is like Clean Sweeper. Sword 24/s, Sweeper 22/s).

2. increase the number of uses to unlimited, or super high, like 600 to 1,000.

3. left click to rotate in opposite direction of right click. (Currently, left click has no functionality).

(* unimportant naming change: Change the name to Toy Fencing Sword, or Homemade Fencing Sword. You can help come up with a better name if you can. But naming should indicate it's not a legitimate fencing sword.)

No, I like the idea of having tools for jobs that can double up as a weapon.

Because I can promise you I would attempt to stab a hostile creature with a Pitchfork I’m holding to move ground turf, before I would ever attempt to hit it with my bare fist.

In Real Life I think if I came across a snake I’d use the shovel I’m holding to kill it..

Its only logic & it’s good to have more weapon options that aren’t super late game crafts.

Archived