Simple suggestion for Wortox

As for now it's easy to mass healing foods, making Wortox's niche for party healing not needed (I think it just got adjusted to heal even less now if more people are healed), So I suggest in addition to healing, give some movement speed boost (maybe 25% for 30s) for Wortox and the team everytime he drops his soul.

I think this was in line with his character, to move fast and hop around. This also makes him very desirable to have around the team as it will help moving around better and make kiting easier for the team.

Beside being a monster, A lot of people say that Wortox is essentially have double hunger drain, which can be misleading because he also suffer half sanity and health gain from food (food are the main source of those 2 stats). As Wortox has a huge downside, I think giving him good perks is needed, let me hear what you guys think about it.

As someone who has been very frequently helping as a Wortox all my teammates on pretty much every boss fights, the healing do everything necessary on its own. There do be dozens of other healing solutions, some better and worse, but it's all about situations and offering alternatives.
This healing is frankly from far away the best one in term of cost and utility, but it's especially in the case of multiplayer, because having your friends to not have to pause their fight, gulp some food or any sort of pause / change to some equipment for healing that might trade safety, dps, or just further material cost... it's a huge upgrade. A shorter description would be that it allows the whole party to engage in things without being overprepared and save time, just it's mostly true when there's a good team communication and I sometime wish there was an indicator of how much your allies need healing because sometimes my friends are just derping at 15 HP left. :angel:
And in the case you play on your own, the soul get a different meaning in battle with the dodging or get a (very slightly) more important healing to yourself, since usually in multiplayer having a boss or just a few targets after everyone make it that you don't necessary have to pull as much effort into soul hopping, you're just distributing those souls to something more fitting, really they never get useless but I wouldn't buff them with a speed boost especially to this magnitude cause I think it's already really good to on top of that spend them for passive effects.

Wortox’s group healing is amazing and amassing healing foods is not easy when playing with inexperienced players (i.e. in public lobbies). I feel like people forget that not everyone can solo every raid boss with nothing but a ham bat and inexperienced players make up a bulk of the player base. If I’m playing with less able players and want to go fight a boss, Wortox’s group healing saves so much time and effort.

Giving him a 25% speed boost, or any speed boost at all is way too good for simply healing others. Locking such a massive perk to multiplayer would make Wortox very frustrating to play solo too. His group healing is fine where it’s at and any further changes to his character should be directed elsewhere imo.

Yeah I understand it will be really strong to have both the heal and movement boost at the same time, but I'm thinking because Wortox got such a huge downside that having some extra movement speed won't make it too OP, especially when we have a character as strong as Wanda around, but I guess everybody will look weak compared to Wanda so I shouldn't bring her up I guess.

I only hope Klei didnt stop at this change for Wortox and have something else cooked up for him, maybe for the future update. Really glad with the beta so far, really appreciate Klei for it!

Archived