Wickerbottom's Apicultural Notes shouldn't have limitation of quantity

Because that a single Bumblebee is the second weakest follower just better than black spiders. They need a large amount much more than 9 to give actual help to battles. Or they will just die pathetically and quickly leave Wicker alone after battle begins. 

We NEED a large swarm bees to help fighting against the ruins, Crab King, Dragonfly, Bee Queen and lifting the limit to at least 21 is necessary. Currently the nerf just kills the book and removes it from most gameplay cases.

Another idea to improve Apicultural Notes is that every time we read the book, existing bees become enraged  like what they do when Bee Queen screams (though this may have enemy targeting problems).

I think it should definitely have some limit, the potential to have >100 bees when most of them can't even reach the enemy because of other bees body-blocking them was a little silly.

That said, I agree that the current limit of 9 (effectively 11 if you kill off 1 bee and summon again) is too low, especially for Crab King. In my testing they could not consistently stop Crab King's heal solo, and it's not like you can use weather pains with bees. My hope is that this becomes a non-issue if/when Crab King is eventually reworked.

Bees don't work on Bee Queen btw. (Edit: they do, apparently :o)

There should be a limit but 9 does seem too few.. 

Id rather they nerf it by requiring a BQ drop like royal jelly to craft instead of nerfing the fun u can have with the book by limiting it to so few drones. 

20 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

I think it should definitely have some limit, the potential to have >100 bees when most of them can't even reach the enemy because of other bees body-blocking them was a little silly.

That said, I agree that the current limit of 9 (effectively 11 if you kill off 1 bee and summon again) is a bit too low for Crab King in particular. In my testing they could not consistently stop Crab King's heal solo, and it's not like you can use weather pains with bees. My hope is that this becomes a non-issue if/when Crab King is eventually reworked.

Bees don't work on Bee Queen btw.

Using boomerangs to attack Bee Queen will make all minions target it, at the same time become the Bee Queen's minion. Leading the fact that Bee Queen cannot summon more minions because she already have a lot from Wicker, and all these bees targeting the Queen. 45 bumblebees are enough to kill Queen Bee within 6 mins.

Note that when the Queen screams, Wicker need to hide in Snurtle Shell Armor, otherwise the enraged bees will attack Wicker.

The only other book that has fixed limit is birds, but they do not have combat properties. You can summon as many tentacles as you want, but you can do that only so many times in one spot until there is not enough space for new tentacles to spawn. Summoned fish schools do not seem to be limited either.

Wheter it is a performance or balance issue, limiting bees was bound to happen, but limit of 9 feels too few in comparision to powerful effects of her other books

My idea for Apicultural Notes is to bring its uses to 5 (even with slightly higher cost) to make it regenerate faster in Bookcase and also increase Summoned Bees limit to 15 (but don't allow further summons, so reading at 14 only spawns 1 remaining Bee).

Wearing Bee Queen Crown should make them enraged: faster speed and more frequent attacks but the same damage per attack (so similarly to Bee Queen scream).

It would also be a nice Quality of Life change to make Bees follow you through shards...

8 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

It would also be a nice Quality of Life change to make Bees follow you through shards...

If only followers in general could follow you in/out of caves like in singleplayer. 

I don't know what else to say about it, I already gave my opinion here:

but surely 9 bees doesn't feel like a worthy amount
I want my crazy and angry biiig hive XD

42 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

Wearing Bee Queen Crown should make them enraged: faster speed and more frequent attacks but the same damage per attack (so similarly to Bee Queen scream).

I love that idea

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

There should be a limit but 9 does seem too few.. 

Id rather they nerf it by requiring a BQ drop like royal jelly to craft instead of nerfing the fun u can have with the book by limiting it to so few drones. 

Thank you. The limit of 9 is indeed too few.

49 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

My idea for Apicultural Notes is to bring its uses to 5 (even with slightly higher cost) to make it regenerate faster in Bookcase and also increase Summoned Bees limit to 15 (but don't allow further summons, so reading at 14 only spawns 1 remaining Bee).

Inspiring idea! The Crown is perfect for this.

I think it's more interesting to enrage beeguards by reading books than simply increasing the number of followers.

However, crabbing can't kill beeguards in battle, so I think it's necessary to add a fixed damage to crabbing's freezing ability, just like starker's shield can counter damage creatures. However, crabbing may have to fix the bug of unlimited release of the freezing ability first.

6 hours ago, Sapientis said:

I think increased uses and 15 bees max is a really good solution. 

5 hours ago, thewalkingcamel said:

9 bees're barely usable. I mean even 9 pigmen don't pose much threat to powerful enemies LOL

in theory 9 bees do 135 dps, and they are doing prety well against antlion and moose goose

21 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

in theory 9 bees do 135 dps, and they are doing prety well against antlion and moose goose

And Crab King …… but Crab King/Antlion has broken damaging capabilities and meese geese …… they're just way too easy anyway and are awfully incapable against swarms of enemies. Also fighting meese geese cut pigs and grumble bees number similarly, I don't think the 9-bee-limit is super good for Wicker to fulfil her full summon damage potential

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

Id rather they nerf it by requiring a BQ drop like royal jelly to craft

I'd really dislike this, minions shine the most in a super early-game setting where there's a ton of mobs to kill all the time. If you have to kill Bee Queen first, you're gonna already have done the exploring and boss preparation and so you'll have done most of those early game fights already.

Archived