Could another device or upgrade get the same buff as Wortox ?

One thing I saw here is that some doesn't really want to see Wortox's new map travel thing to be another character exclusive quick travel thing, I don't follow this opinion but then I'm asking myself something to know if that would make the two positions align with this mini-rework, if any character was able to do the same by the use of an item. Let's see certain options.

Lazy Explorer / upgrade solution :

The first one to come to mind would be the Lazy Explorer which is an item that was practically doing what the old soul hopping was able to do, if this was getting an improvement to also allow a map control to consume X% of durability instead, I don't think it would be getting too out of hand, I've been looking to use my ruin gems more frequently and I rarely do use the LE in more contexts than just in battle (and rarely).
It could also be maybe an upgrade of the Lazy Explorer, a bit similarly to the Moon Caller Staff which would be an useful way to recycle one with few uses left, I'm less favourable to this especially if that gets to be another Deconstruction Staff kind of loop but hey, another (lazy) option to explore so I'm letting know.

Telelocator Staff solution :

There is another equippable teleportation device, the Telelocator Staff but applying this sort of thing to it wouldn't be logical since that item is very often used to transport someone else but yourself, which wouldn't really be possible in a logical way using map positions, plus with the focus structure existing, that wouldn't make a lot of sense with its original random nature / expensive usage that is compensable on the long run with gems being too fluent. So likely this item is a tricky one to imagine having such a buff.

Lazy Deserter solution :

The last craftable teleportation tool is the Lazy Deserter structure, I could think of two things that are mostly total reworks (still compatible with the current usage) of how it behaves and I think that'd be the best since many here are looking for a single-player utility of the thing, either players can do the travel on the map consuming Desert Stones exactly similarly to Wortox's inventory souls, with the restriction that there should be a LD in a moderate radius or on the structure map icon directly (and cost would scale with distance), or it could also be linked to the first solution and only enable the long TP feature if the LD is around as well, but as always I'm looking for resource sinks and damn the best thing I do of these Desert Stones are pixel arts.
I'd actually love this because of the ways to obtain these stones being extremely easy if we actually wanted to get a crazy amount of them, how many Frazzle Wires do you guys have in stock since you're already just drowning in gold after your firsts ruin clears ?

I think Lazy Deserters should work like this:

-Click on it to start channelling like it does as of now

-Another player can click on a LD or Desert Stone to teleport to channelling LD, same way it works now

-If you open the map you'll see icons of every other LD you have built. Click on an icon to teleport to that LD (singleplayer usage)

Archived