Walter Ammo payouts

So I've been thinking about this for awhile now but it feels like feels like the cost of slowdown rounds is too high for what it offers so originally I was going to say why not remove the moon stone costs from Walter's ammo but then I got to thinking would anyone be against Walter getting higher ammo payouts for higher tier ammo?

For example:

Marble: 1 marble piece = 20 marbles

freeze rounds: 1 blue gem and moon stone = 30 freeze rounds

Slowdown rounds: 1 purple gem and moon stone = 30 slowdown rounds

Personally I just feel like Walter needs a faster firing speed, whether by default or through the possibility to craft and upgraded slingshot. Because no matter how many freeze rounds a craft gives, the structure I'm trying to put out has already burnt down/ the mob that's chasing me has already caught up before half my slingshot animation is done.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

So I've been thinking about this for awhile now but it feels like feels like the cost of slowdown rounds is too high for what it offers so originally I was going to say why not remove the moon stone costs from Walter's ammo but then I got to thinking would anyone be against Walter getting higher ammo payouts for higher tier ammo?

For example:

Marble: 1 marble piece = 20 marbles

freeze rounds: 1 blue gem and moon stone = 30 freeze rounds

Slowdown rounds: 1 purple gem and moon stone = 30 slowdown rounds

One trip to the ruins and you are drowning in purple gems, one trip to the archives and you are drowning in moon stone. I never have a problem getting a full stack of 60 slowdown rounds. Must be a skill issue hehe

1 minute ago, Gashzer said:

One trip to the ruins and you are drowning in purple gems, one trip to the archives and you are drowning in moon stone. I never have a problem getting a full stack of 60 slowdown rounds. Must be a skill issue hehe

I see it as more a matter of convivence in a multiplayer setting but I understand when you only play alone sharing isn't much of a concern and resources are extremely plentiful.

10 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I see it as more a matter of convivence in a multiplayer setting but I understand when you only play alone sharing isn't much of a concern and resources are extremely plentiful.

Well even in a multiplayer setting, if you using slow down rounds during a boss fight... which is the only time you should really be using them, with more people attacking the boss you need less slowdown rounds before it dies. So my point still stands.

16 minutes ago, Bellium said:

Personally I just feel like Walter needs a faster firing speed, whether by default or through the possibility to craft and upgraded slingshot. Because no matter how many freeze rounds a craft gives, the structure I'm trying to put out has already burnt down/ the mob that's chasing me has already caught up before half my slingshot animation is done.

An expensive thulecite upgraded slingshot that you can craft at the ancient science station like the gembell with wolfgang, with the same attack speed as melee but has 300uses or whatever would be great for walter. Im against upgrading the base slingshot tho. 

Fast range attacks in dst breaks all mob combat, but a hard to get fast-firing upgraded slingshot that has durability while also requiring you to have the bullets crafted as well, sounds balanced enough for the op-ness of it. 

3 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Well even in a multiplayer setting, if you using slow down rounds during a boss fight... which is the only time you should really be using them, with more people attacking the boss you need less slowdown rounds before it dies. So my point still stands.

Eh I just generally see stockpiling them as wasteful early game and while plentiful mid-late game there's usually better uses for those gems but to each their own I guess it just comes down to playstyle.

8 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

An  expensive thulecite upgraded slingshot that you can craft at the ancient science station like the gembell with wolfgang, with the same attack speed as melee but has 300uses or whatever would be great for walter. Im against upgrading the base slingshot tho. 

Fast range attacks in dst breaks all mob combat, but a hard to get fast-firing upgraded slingshot that has durability while also requiring you to have the bullets crafted as well sounds balanced enough for the op-ness of it. 

i agree.

Archived