Some thoughts about Woodie

In these updates, we can learn that Woodie players' experience in the game is not so good. First of all, when the celestial storm event is turned on, the moon is full every night, and the new Woodie players who join the game will transform that night. After the transformation, they will be hungry and empty. This time wickerbottom added a new book to control the phase of the moon, which also caused the same problem. When other characters were cheering for the full moon, Woodie was abandoned by us and sad alone. The random transformation every eight minutes and the consumption of satiety make the game experience worse.

So I think the changes to Woodie are necessary.

My suggested idea is that since Woodie's transformation is over, she will become hungry. Then we can consider that satiety gives Woodie the strength to resist the transformation of the moon. This is a very direct and simple way

If the designer thinks more, he hopes to show that Woodie is a monster who has received the curse of the full moon. We can also try to add the rule that satiety can resist the transformation of the full moon. You can try to add a probability. For example, Woodie has a 50% probability to prevent transformation when she is full, add a new resistance animation, or just a simple prompt language.

As for the specific number of satiety, which can prevent transformation, I think designers will know better than me.

I don't want new gamers to forget Woodie in the future. The former fanatical woodcutter who watched the wood value to control his transformation.

Similarly, I also expect others to have better suggestions and ideas. Even if I don't often use Woodie like me, I can also express my own views and ideas. I firmly believe that Woodie's change is necessary.

Imo, full moons caused by Wicker shouldn't transform Woodie, and during the Moonstorm Woodie should only transform once every 20 days.

I get that the developers want the lore to be somewhat relevant to gameplay, but I think exceptions can be made when the game becomes unplayable.

Woodie's game plan is to starve himself and be at low hunger from food like honey so he can transform without huge loss. I don't think they should encourage him to gorge himself for a 50% chance of ignoring the effect and a 50% chance of trolling himself. 

Archived