Update Suggestions: New Season Mechanism

To Dear Klei:  

I think that there should be a mechanic which makes the seasons be changed freely. I know that DST is a survival game and this mechanic would make the game easier. However, the four seasons circulation is a little monotonous. At the later stage of one DST world, the season circulation is a little redundant. The players have experienced the challenges of all four seasons, and the remained is the repeating.

For purpose of extending the game life, I hope that there could be a new season mechanic instead of the four seasons circulation. I conceive that the four seasons circulation is the default season mode and there are more hidden seasons to be activated. For examples:

The growing season:

This season could be activated by offering the season altar a green moon eye. (I got this inspiration from that a green gem helped wormwood turn character from a plant.)

The weather is always rainy and nothing could be fired.

Mandrake could respawn in this season.

All kinds of crops love this season and the cactus also get blossoming. However, any anti-environment action gives a sanity punish. The trees could grow more higher and so could offer more logs. The taller trees also could be changed into stronger Leif(Tree guard.) Once Leif is spawned, the crops would also be changed into enemy. Different kinds of crops offer the stronger Leif different buff, just like the Krab King. I hope this Leif could be made as a real Boss and owns his figure. For the rewards, it could be a luxurious seed bag which could keep seeds always fresh.

The shadow seasons:

I think that current magic items are not enough so there should be a corresponding magic season.

There would be always night.

The ancient phase would be locked into wild phase.

The moon cycle would be locked into new moon.

In this season more magic items would be unlocked: shadow axe, shadow pick axe, shadow shovel and even shadow boat. These shadow items does not own using times but disappear under the sun.

……

All these are my suggestions and I hope that they are helpful to the future update.

I feel like its would be more fun if seasons+ appeared randomly. Like, imagine if instead of normal winter you get much harsher one, but all water near coasts turn into ice, giving you better mobility over. Or spring with one long 10 days rain with tornado at its peak, and comfortable weather rest 10 days. DST could be more fun if such seasons+ would appear after first year, especially considering how game feels "beaten" after it

4 hours ago, Rylanor said:

I feel like its would be more fun if seasons+ appeared randomly. Like, imagine if instead of normal winter you get much harsher one, but all water near coasts turn into ice, giving you better mobility over. Or spring with one long 10 days rain with tornado at its peak, and comfortable weather rest 10 days. DST could be more fun if such seasons+ would appear after first year, especially considering how game feels "beaten" after it

I am in love with this idea of having randomized variants of the seasons, it would make current worlds, future worlds, and public servers so much fun I think.

I would love the feel of "oh, winter is approaching, but which winter?" to keep players alert.

Add air humidity and season with high and low humidity. 

Winter: Low - Standard, High - Blizzard;

Spring: Low - Standard, High - Hurricane;

Summer: Low - Standart, High - Lush;

Autumn: Low - Standard; High - Humid.

You can check humidity build Rainometer.

I love this idea of various versions of the seasons we have now after the first year (ie 3 diff winter, spring, summer and fall)! All with different challenges, varied extremes in temp/storm's and new mobs/flora! I really want a spooky season in fall. Like it's eerie dusk with everything changing into it's shadow form with creepy mobs and hostile plants. Spiderwebs covering the trees slowly growing closer to your base. There could be pumpkin patches that slowly grow. Where the pumpkins morph into hostel jack-o-lanterns that seek u out at night (u could see them glow) This would be a blast! Sooooo many possibilities with new resources and items! Great ideas ppls! Plez Klei???

Archived