So one of the recent patches changed the Moon Quay Curse so that all players need to do is Die to remove their Accursed Trinkets and stop being Wonkey.

This completely invalidates the Moon Quay Queens Use after you acquire her Blueprints, & it also brings up a whole new list of problems in Multiplayer the game did not have until this change (example: a player joins a boss fight with a Wolfgang as Wonkey but Dies and the Wolfgang now gets passed their curse to become Monkey.)

I have thought about it for a bit and I wanted to provide a few alternative solutions.

Trinket Rework: instead of being able to acquire multiple cursed necklaces- make the maximum you can carry ONE however with a Durability like wearing a hat, when the player kills a Monkey it starts out at low Durability, (like 1-5%) and if the player kills enough for 10 trinkets it climbs to 100% you can trade banana to remove some of the % faster, OR you can not kill Monkeys for the % to slowly drain on its own over time- Once it reaches 0% the necklace becomes too weak to maintain its grip on the player, and the player can CHOOSE to break the necklace or not to keep or remove the Monkey curse, the necklace is bound to the player like Beefalo is to a Beefalo Bell until the Bond is broken.

My second idea was to add a little “newish” content to existing Biomes in the form of a new type of Resurrection Stone shaped like a Banana which would remove the curse and revive the dead player just like a normal resurrection stone does however: these are limited to one use per stone per player and can only be used if your a Wonkey Ghost (yeah bring that back)- so you have just a little bit of leadway to make mistakes and learn your lesson.. this also lets EMPTY areas of the game have some actual usable content.. and makes sense lore wise sense the unnatural portal is spewing random stuff out into the constant like an active volcano.

We can call them maybe Banana Slabs??

Lastly- with the changes to Boat Canons dealing 200 damage and intimidating pirates to leave you alone alongside the low % chance to even get pirate raided at all, can we make raids happen anywhere at sea and not just near their respective Moon Quay Island? It just makes sense since they have low spawn rates and can be frightened away.

Maybe even add canon balls to Moon Quay Queens loot table, since well I mean they are pirates and pirates traded weaponry and armor for treasure (when they weren’t stealing it of course..)

It can just be hard to gather resources for canonballs and if the above change to pirate raids happening anywhere was added, there should be a more casual way to get canon ammo to fend them off.

I feel like these suggested changes would help prevent trolling deaths as Wonkey and would give the Moon Quay Queen a “Constant” :wink: purpose to the player.

Thank You if you took the time to read this far. :love_heart:

Brainstorming:

A player could use a super growth formula on a not fertilized banana bush to make it grow a giant banana after some time. 

Offering this to the queen would make her "call back" all the trinkets on the ground and make them disappear. She will also take a couple from the player giving her the banana. This could somewhat effective at stopping griefers? 

That or the trinkets could stay locked on to dead people instead of finding new targets and follow them until they revive where they instantly cling back on to them. And if the dead player disconnects the trinkets disappear with them until they relog. This would stop griefers and stop players from outrunning the curse.

There could also be a combination of the two...

Archived