Don't Starve Together Mythbusters Series!

Hey I got recommended one of your videos today and binge watched all your uploads! Great content!
I couldn't help but notice during the recent one "Maximizing Lureplants" you place grass tufts all around the eyeplants when they are already spawned knowing their location but to retrieve the grass you need to kill the lureplant, for some reason my mind tells me the eyeplants always grows on different random spots every time you place the lureplant down. Wouldn't that affect the second batch? Or does eyeplants have a set spawnpoint? It's really difficult to get the lureplant planted on the EXACT same spot a second time if not for geometric placement. Should also include the time lureplants completely digest their contents.

4 hours ago, Kur0u said:

Im glad you are enjoying the content.
and Im glad you asked That is actually something that most people don't know.
Lureplants will always spawn the same number of eyes  But the positions can be kind of random if you let the lureplant have free access to all the spawn points.
That is why I mentioned that you should try to plant in the center of 4 tiles and to dig the turf around it to make it a 4 by 4 to  ensure the same eyeplants spawn each time. Of course you would need to block all the other spawns with manmade turf like boards carpet marble/ or rocky turf like desert cave ect.
Its why I used the desert in my example because the desert turf blocks eyes from spawning so that only the ones you want to spawn will

You can use the left over turf to show the center  of the 4 turfs aswell if the pitch fork does not show the turf lines.
Just so the player can be as accurate as possible in replacing the plant.

With geo placement you can place the lureplant in the same position each time and the eyes will always spawn in the same area.  If they are correctly blocked.

There are mods that show where eyeplants can spawn
and it chooses the closest ones before it tries its further spawns Which you can see here with me using the mod.

Its actually a spiral starting north of the lureplant. which is pretty cool you can see this spiral as the lureplant spawns its eyes while undisturbed. image.thumb.png.b59f1b4e9bcb8623690fd22d72f2bbc3.png

The main problem is actually placing the blockers for the eyes correctly because harvestables actually take up the same space as an eyeplant.
I tried to make it as precise as I could with the placing without mods and it worked pretty well for me most of the times.
image.thumb.png.17defe71d0a6a810c76b690b954321b0.png

But of course without the exact precision of mods its not always going to be perfect.If you want you can give the plants some leeway by not planting as close as possible to the eyeplant blockers so that theres a higher chance for eyes to spawn.

Also for the timing of lureplants digesting its really dependent on what the plant has eaten.
so knowing the exact timing for each item is good Its always going to be 20 seconds for one item.

It could digest a whole 15 axes  a full inventory in 5 minutes.
or 15 stacks of wood in  100 minutes
or 15 stacks of grass in 200 minutes
it all varies and also depends on if the inventory is filled or not.
because if the inventory is full then anything eaten gets deleted.

Archived